What can you recommend me?

So... I went ahead and bought myself a Kindle (with my own money, yay). :D

I realised I am stuck in front of the computer most of the time and never get round to reading anything anymore, like I used to do years ago. I am hoping it will make me start reading again, spending all of my time in front of the computer probably makes my brain slowly die.

Does anybody have any good recommendations? I don't have any favourite genre, I appreciate all of them as long as the book is interesting.

So if you recently (or not so recently) read anything that you enjoyed, please do recommend. I am open to all suggestions! :)

I enjoy werewolf books, mostly, as well as any good fantasy book that isn't cliche. A great book I've read so far was 'Wild' by Naomi Clark...it's a good read but it's a little dark (deals with drugs, addiction, lots of swearing, and werewolfism. Not adult scenes, though.) so it might not be your cup of tea.

If you're into an epic read about dragons and adventure, then the Eragon series by Christopher Paolini are good books are well. Nice and long, too, so you'll be at the books for awhile!

Have you read the Stieg Larsson books - the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? The first one was a bit slow to start with, but well worth it. There are 3 books in the series. With the kindle you can have a sample of the book sent to your kindle first to see if you like it.

I enjoy werewolf books, mostly, as well as any good fantasy book that isn't cliche. A great book I've read so far was 'Wild' by Naomi Clark...it's a good read but it's a little dark (deals with drugs, addiction, lots of swearing, and werewolfism. Not adult scenes, though.) so it might not be your cup of tea.

If you're into an epic read about dragons and adventure, then the Eragon series by Christopher Paolini are good books are well. Nice and long, too, so you'll be at the books for awhile!

I might give that a try, I enjoy vampire & werewolf books and I really don't mind dark. I am not sure about Eragon though... probably I shouldn't judge it without first trying it, but it does seem to be a a bit like a collection of fantasy books cliches.

Have you read the Stieg Larsson books - the Girl with the Dragon Tattoo? The first one was a bit slow to start with, but well worth it. There are 3 books in the series. With the kindle you can have a sample of the book sent to your kindle first to see if you like it.

I have read all of them and I have to say I enjoyed them all very much.

The Song of Ice and Fire series completely enveloped my life for a month.

If you like darker stuff The Dark Jewels trilogy was good, though the names very cliche.

Anne Rice just released The Wolf Gift, her first werewolf book, to great reviews and I adore her writing style. That woman can paint a picture.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy SII using Tapatalk.

If you like werewolf books, then I'm your go-to person for titles and I can recommend a bunch. I usually try to avoid the cliche 'love story' ones, although reading one of those kind of romance books once in a while isn't bad.

If you're interested in more, here's a small-ish list to get you started. There might be free samples of the ebooks online, usually at amazon.com, where you can read the first few chapters or so to see if you like it. I recommend trying the free samples, first.

- WolfBreed by S.A Swan

- Frostbite by David Wellington (there's a sequel to it, Overwinter, but its not that good and I like to pretend it doesn't exist. lol)

- The Wild Hunt by James A. Moore

- Dogs of War by Steve Ruthenback

Also, there's a really good website I found that reviews both werewolf and vampire books. It's www.bittenbybooks.com

I'm not a fan of vampires, so I can't give you any advice on those, but I heard Anne Rice writes great vampire novels.

I have read A Song of Ice and Fire... usually when I start a series, I keep reading the new books that appear but with this one I won't because I don't really like what he's done with the characters... but yeah, the man can definitely write.

It's interesting, I didn't know that Anne Rice started to write werewolf books... I like her style but some of her books are just... bad.

I am not really keen on romancey books either... I appreciate one from time to time, but most of the time the actual romance part is hilarious (especially adult scenes).

I like the fact that you get samples of some of the books, after all in a normal bookshop you'd get to browse through the books before buying. However, sometimes I find that I really enjoy a book even though the beginning was off-putting.