Vid card prob

Dunc

3DMark 11 has found DirectX 11 system files, but your graphics adapter reports that it supports only Direct X 9_3.

3DMark 11 requires both DirectX 11 system files and DirectX 11 capable hardware to run. If you are certain that you have DirectX 11 hardware present, there may be a problem with your video drivers. See 3DMark 11 FAQ for more information.

Am guessing that this is the reason my comp is crashing

I am being told that direct x 11 can not be set back to 9.3

Anyone know how to solve this without formatting ?????????

Done roll back and done system restore to day I bought the comp ( the joys I going to have putting everything back lol ) will see how it goes :confused:

I had already thought of doing this yesterday before I asked but everything I read on direct x 10 says you cant go back Soon find out :confused:

Thanks for the tips :)

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone understand this bl@@ks ???????????? Marc

Problem signature:

Problem Event Name:BlueScreen

OS Version:6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Locale ID:2057

Additional information about the problem:

BCCode:50

BCP1:FFFFF8A005310000

BCP2:0000000000000000

BCP3:FFFFF88002DF797A

BCP4:0000000000000000

OS Version:6_1_7601

Service Pack:1_0

Product:768_1

Files that help describe the problem:

C:\Windows\Minidump\013112-16707-01.dmp

C:\Users\Dunc\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-290536-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:

C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Not happy its still doing it :mad:

What operating system? windows 7

What graphics card? NVIDIA Geforce 7100/Nvidia nforce 630i with the driver 8.15.11.8637

Why do you want to run 3DMark 11? seemed like a good test to try as to me I think the vid card is on its way out.

And as for your comp crashing, was it ok prior to driver update? No was the reason I updated it in the 1st place.

Ah so its onboard vga,

Are you using 32 or 64 bit?

You could stick an add on gfx card if there is a slot for it.

I think thats the same chipset as in my work pc and it seems to be ok for the odd game I have on it with Win7 64. AFAIK its complete chipset and gfx drivers in one, but a while since I did it.

Win7 64 bit: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/nforce-vista-win7-64bit-15.56-driver-uk.html

Win7 32 bit: http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/nforce-vista-win7-32bit-15.56-driver-uk.html

Are they always blue screen crashes? or random resets?

tried a chkdsk from bios? can sometimes identify and fix issues, also M$ website has win7checker,

as for the driver, find your old version;save to file, uninstall current driver. reinstall old.

maybe also worth checking system device's see if there are any issues within *device manager can usually highlight a few bugs.

wouldnt surprice me that the PCI bus on the processor/graphic issue. Its very common issue on M$:Win7 if youve upgraded from vista and didnt back up/save your graphic driver - as win7 cannot find it after the upgrade?

AS good as Win7 is as astand alone product - its deply flawed with older PC's post upgrade. (IMO)

Regards

tried a chkdsk from bios? can sometimes identify and fix issues, also M$ website has win7checker,

as for the driver, find your old version;save to file, uninstall current driver. reinstall old.

maybe also worth checking system device's see if there are any issues within *device manager can usually highlight a few bugs.

wouldnt surprice me that the PCI bus on the processor/graphic issue. Its very common issue on M$:Win7 if youve upgraded from vista and didnt back up/save your graphic driver - as win7 cannot find it after the upgrade?

AS good as Win7 is as astand alone product - its deply flawed with older PC's post upgrade. (IMO)

Regards

Done all the checks you suggest already :(

And my computer is not a upgrade it was bought like this :)

post-1354-0-39892400-1382041946.png Like I said I think am going to end up replacing the G/card :(

post-7-13586018832444_thumb.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units

Sorry more Q's:

"And as for your comp crashing, was it ok prior to driver update? No was the reason I updated it in the 1st place."

The dx11 drivers "should be fine", the "hardware should" be fine with your system config/processor; when it crashes what were you running or trying to run at the time;IE when did this first happen/what was going on?

Also these files:

Whats the info contained? (i'm assuming you've googled the .DMP data? )

Regards

OK Change of mind, you must update to a newer Grphx Card. Period.

:)

The 7100 series was introduced on August 30, 2006 and is based on GeForce 6200 Series architecture. This series supports only PCI Express interface. Only one model, the 7100 GS, is available.[1]

Features

The 7100 series supports all of the standard features common to the GeForce 7 Series provided it is using the ForceWare 91.47 driver or later releases, though it lacks opencl/CUDA support, and its implementation of Intellisample 4.0 lacks GCAA.

However it is important to note that 7100 series does not support technologies such as: high dynamic range rendering (HDR) and UltraShadow II.

[edit] GeForce 7100 GS

Although the 7300 LE was originally intended to be the "lowest budget" GPU from the GeForce 7 lineup, the 7100 GS has now taken its place. As it is little more than a revamped version of the GeForce 6200TC, it is designed as a basic PCI-e solution for OEMs to use if the chipset does not have integrated video capabilities. It comes in a PCI Express Graphics Bus and 512MB DDR2 VRAM.

Performance specification

• Graphics Bus: PCI Express

• Memory Interface: 64-bits

• Memory Bandwidth: 5.3 GB/s

• Fill Rate: 1.4 billion pixel/s

• Vertex/s: 263 million

• Memory Type: DDR2 with TC

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Nvidia_graphics_processing_units

Sorry more Q's:

"And as for your comp crashing, was it ok prior to driver update? No was the reason I updated it in the 1st place."

The dx11 drivers "should be fine", the "hardware should" be fine with your system config/processor; when it crashes what were you running or trying to run at the time;IE when did this first happen/what was going on? Usually when I streaming to tv or playing vids from computer to tv.

Also these files:

Whats the info contained? (i'm assuming you've googled the .DMP data? ) nope

Regards

Dunc

A little off topic forgive me, but maybe worth adding here, im looking to build a PC for my own gaming experiance; now to buy what i would like would set me back from a major retailer £1500 easy. if i buy it my self £400-600. it will take whatever i throw at it. NB: *Depending on which chip: but for streaming solely you could build a almost top end rig for £350 with AMD.

I use a site called "Novatech" for my gear, but here is what im buying, I will account for the variables too.

i7K/i5K – SandybridgeK Q4 – 3.8GHZ - £150/219 (the K’s can be Overclocked to 5ghz with good cooler) (i5 is better if you dont need hyperthreading) if your not bothered processor type then go for the AMD hex's @£120 DDR3, they are getting good reviews.

DDR3 RAM 4gb corsair vengeance £20

Sata HD £.50

DVD+_ RW -£ 20

NVidia Graphics’ Card (DX11 1.5GB) –£59.99

Motherboard – ASUS p67 (USB 3) - £70- £110

Sound - £20

Cooler £80

Power £45

Regards

Boondog

this is one im most likely gonna plump for: http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/nvidiageforcegraphicscards/nvidiagt520series/gv-n520d3-1gi.html

For clarification puposes and for fair discussion; I will be using my build for a flight sim (FSX) - that is heavily dependant on the processor and not the graphix card (90/10) - hence why i can get away with a slim one: but for your needs, this would also do! but if your gonna do heavy gaming or more than one monitor then up the graphix card budget to suit your needs.

this is one im most likely gonna plump for: http://www.novatech.co.uk/products/components/nvidiageforcegraphicscards/nvidiagt520series/gv-n520d3-1gi.html

For clarification puposes and for fair discussion; I will be using my build for a flight sim (FSX) - that is heavily dependant on the processor and not the graphix card (90/10) - hence why i can get away with a slim one: but for your needs, this would also do! but if your gonna do heavy gaming or more than one monitor then up the graphix card budget to suit your needs.

I don't do gaming at all but it seems that running HDMI on the tv as a second monitor is what is killing mine so I will take your advice and have to up the budget.