Doesn't like outside

Hey everyone! I just joined the forums today and I posted this in introductions but I figure I'll post it here too in case not everyone checks intros. My husky Pongo (11weeks old) does not like to go outside when the sun is out. I live in Ohio so it's only been I think 80F at the hottest this summer. He throws an absolute tantrum. I have to pull him on the leash until we are away from the house to get him to go and then it's a bolt back to the house and the air conditioning. I am afraid I am spoiling him. Any suggestions on making him like being outside. I try to wet him down if I think it's out before we start walking. I'm afraid of this becoming a problem with potty training because he went 2 times today in the house and he has never done that. I think it was because he knew it was hot out!!! Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

He's very young so im sure hes on his 1st few walks, i bet he doesn't like the conrtol the leash and collar gives you >> most pups hate the leash at 1st.

- You cant spoil him (im affraid lol, i know their irresitable at that age!) dont give in, remember he is tiny and you are much stronger, so correct him now before hes a 27kg sibe pulling YOU around!!

- Teach him to heal, make going for a walk; fun, challenging, and rewarding. Take some cubes of cheese out with you and entice him out and make him walk by your side and treat him when he is good.

- When you go out take him somehwere fun, maybe where he can play with other pups or dogs.

- Get him hoocked on a toy, i.e play tug-of-war with him, and do so outside so he associates outside with fun!!

I doubt its the wheather, he doesn't even have an undercoat yet, or not a sufficient one, hes just being nuaghty, when he tugs away and has a tanrtum say: "STTSSHHHH" >> check him with the leash and keep walking.

DONT:

- Stop

- Baby him: " Whats wrong bubs" << something i would say lol

- Dont treat him after he is bad, wait until he has made steps in your direction

And with this he will soon mature and grow out of it, hes a sibe lol >> soon he will be whinning and begging to get out there....he just doesn't know it yet:D

Thanks

Thanks for the suggestions! I knew he was just being naughty!! Someone even said to me that it could be his blue eyes that are sensitive to the sun. Now.. I KNOW other sibes enjoy being outside haha. I will try the cheese/treat thing. He usually has tons of fun with the neighborhood dogs but then he throws a tantrum when we have to leave them or the neighborhood kids! he is just unbelievable! soooo stubborn. I think my neighbors must think I'm nuts because he cries like I am hurting him when he doesn't get his way:confused: I will try not to give in to his cuteness. Thanks for the suggestion!

Oh had a thought - throw food across the room and see if he will chase it - make it into a good fun game where he has to chase his treats, then open the back door and throw food out, see if he will do this outside after a few goes inside :)

Does he only do this during the day? What is he like first thing in the morning and in the afternoon? Has he been like this from day one or did the behaviour develop over time?

He's 11 weeks old, at this age he could be going into his first fear period which makes him more uncomfortable and jumpy around things than he was when he even a week younger. If he refuses to go outside pick him up and put him out there. Feed him his meals outside. Make outside something positive and fun - play with him, give him treats, run around and have fun.

If he's stubborn he's a typical Siberian ;)

All great suggestions! Thank you! He doesn't seem to be afraid of anything right now! He'll go up to enormous dogs and any person he sees haha. As for what time of day he does this, it is during the day when the sun is out, or if it's raining. once the sun starts setting, he's game for a walk, but he needs to pee outside during the day too. He just seems to be a spoiled brat and possible was one when we bought him (I think they carried him a lot). Thanks for the advice, I tried the treat thing and he'll walk just fine with me holding the bag :cool: