Kurgo Wander Pack

http://www.kurgo.com/products/wp.html

Hey All!

Was at the pet shop today and picked up a new Kurgo Wander Pack. It's a fully adjustable harness, fitting dogs from 30 to 80lbs. It has a D ring at the back of the harness to clip a leash into, and is slip proof, which I'm pretty excited about because Finn has been slipping collars a lot as of late.

So far it seems pretty sturdy. It will hold a water bottle on each side with room to spare, and wold easily hold collapsible food and water dishes, with kibble etc, or a first aid kit for longer treks.

You can move the "saddle bags" up and down as your dog grows so that they stay in an ergonomically friendly position, and all of the stiching and webbing is very high quality as far as I can see.

As well, it's guaranteed by the company for a full year. I don't know too many pet companies that back their products that well.

The only major downfall for this seems to be that the collar portion of the harness has to be slipped over Finn's head, and she's not liking that part very much, but the improvement in her walking on leash the FIRST time out is totally worth the struggle to get it on her.

Price was excellent as well, checking it at $39.99 Canadian.

Anyone else found any similar products or tried this? I would love some input.

We have one for Zoya. We put bottled water in the saddle bags, and a small cup. When we take her for a walk, we'll stop and give her a drink a few times. That makes the load a bit lighter as the walk progresses, and we have a supply of fresh water to keep her from getting thirsty. She really likes carrying a small load.

we carry the water when we go on walks with the huskies.

although we dont usually need it, because everywhere has loads of water in the form of canals or lakes.

really do need to get micha trained in a harness so she can go scootering, instead of running along side us.