Bikejoring???

Alex T

Eventually we would love to get Isis into Bikejoring - not at a competition level as she isnt KC reg, but just as a way to keep her fit and provide her with a quality of life that she needs as a working breed - and I have a few questions which hopefully someone can answer:

1. At what age should we consider attaching Isis to a bike? She's currently 9 moths old and is taken for a short run daily (10 mins) with me running along behind her as she is much faster than me.

2. We live within 5 mins of the local canal - which as of lately have become very clean - I know I need a permit, but would I approach the local council or the British Waterways? The only other local place for me use is Cannock Chase - but I know they have a waiting list.

3. Would I need any type of insurance and where could I get it from?

Thanks in anticipatioin of your answers!

u might not need a petmt to run her along a canal but for insurance to cover you would need permission to use the land! We are jembers of siberian husky club gb u get third party insurance with them in your membership.....i wouldnt start her on bike till she's ten months and then just short runs, and not pulling too much......build it up from there!

I've started Kimba on the bike, i'd say while you're running with her, get her used to HIKE ON, HAW, GEE and most importantly WOAHHHHHH!!!!!!!! Or if that fails ...SHiiiiittttttttttttttttttttttttttt lol

I agree with Lucy about 1 months for short runs would be better, i've only had Kaiser on the bike as a one off and am waiting a bit longer before i hook him up again.

I don't think you need a permit to run on the canal but don't get your haw / gee miked up or you may go for a swim lol