Lupi

davidjk

huskies pull, its in their nature to pull, they have been bred for it, but there are times when it is akward, and you would like to have some control, some people use haltis, we tried it, the first one saskia destroyed in the shop (luckily we didnt have to pay for it) the second one lasted for a week.

then we saw someone with a 42kg mastiff , using a lupi control harness, we asked to try it on, and wow what a difference it made.

saskia walks lovely and even when she pulls full pelt (when she sees a cat) she is more than controllable.

in fact we got two of them, one for micha also, but we met someone down the park with another mastif that just pulls and pulls so we gave them michas one (wich she never used), and she is singing its praises. now we will have to see if we will get it back.

also met a staffy owner down the park, the staffy pulls untill it chokes its self, he tried it on, it was a bit large for the staffy, but the owner is going to buy one.

the box says it works by converting forward motion into upward motion.

the website is

http://www.companyofanimals.co.uk/lupi.php

lupitopimage.jpg

the bonus of this, is it does not rub, and the dogs cant choke themselves, and they dont mind putting it on because it slips over the head, and you lift the legs in, saskia used to fight when we tried to put on her lupi.

even my 10 year old daughter can walk saskia now

here is a quick vid i put together

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rA39yqkBiKk[/ame]

David,

Excellent review - I have heard of Lupis and seen a video of them in action,but you can't get a better recommendation than that of a fellow Husky Owner ;)

I use Hurrta harnesses with Peiper & Sky,they hold up pretty well to most uses,I found yesterday that Sky has managed to reshape her attachement ring from round to oval :eek: so we may need to buy very soon...

Added to your rep... ;)

Best Always,

Kevin & The Girls :bullseye:

If I was to buy the Lupi I would have to make padding for it. The pic looks like it would rub a lot under the legs.

I've triend Halti's stop pull harness but the adjustment bits are plastic and both harnesses snapped after only a handful of uses.

Now if someone would sell one that is padded and uses metal adjustments I would definately give it a go.

i have just bought 2 harnesses for both my sibs they are padded at front, under the legs and around the back the sibs dont mind them now they hated the unpadded ones and the holtis and even though my male sib still pulls he is much better on this one.

i'll get a pic of them wearing tomoz an post pluss they are only cheap which is a bonus Topaz is small her's was 12 Odin is large his was only 14 and they do the trick for us x