What is he??

ISDW

I collected this lad yesterday, he was in a pound for a week, unclaimed. He hasn't been to the vet yet, but I think he's only young, but not a real baby, probably about 7/8 months old. He is definitely a sibe cross, but what with? Its his ears that are confusing me, sometimes they both stand up, sometimes one stands up, sometimes both of them flop down.

He's a lovely boy, an incredible escape artist, he managed to get out of a crate in the fosterers house, but it was still locked when she walked into the room to find him! He's climbed out of one of my kennel pens, no problem at all. He's fairly tall, I think he looks quite lanky, but then he's very skinny, so maybe when he fills out a bit, he'll look more in proportion. Has anyone ever had a sibe who's ears never stood up?

juneau2.jpg

Very chilled

juneau3.jpg

You see, you learn something new every day. I didn't know they could come with tipped ears.

Well, he howls like a sibe, and he escapes like a sibe. LOL He does actually remind me of an alaskan that was on the team when we went dog sledding in Canada but theres only person in Ireland with Alaskans, and she hasn't had them that long.

Thanks guys. He's a lovely boy, as a great temperament, will make somebody a lovely pet.

Alaskan Huskies is such a wide spectrum >> they have everthing in them, so Mal is poss too. You also never know when their not KC, my 2 arent and they both have very large ears and are rather tall >> they could have a pinch of the Alaskan in them! But whatever he is >> hes stunning, are you keeping him or fostering him?

Hmmmmm, to keep or not to keep, that is the question. LOL

I really want to get into mushing now, so I'm going to keep him long enough to feed him up, and then I'll try him in a harness, gently as he's so young, and see how we get on with him. Have to say, I just love his face, those floppy ears make him look like a puppy I think. I got 2 pb sibes in on Friday, and they are lovely dogs, but I am not even considering keeping them, I do tend to go for the 'sad' cases, hence Vincent, our one eared boy.

I hate these mixxes! Why they destroy the breed? I get verry angry when i see husky or malamute mixes. And i get angry too when i meet people who want to breed they're dogs, sure without papers and they don't want to listen to me that this is not good :mad: