OMG dried dog food

we barf , but taz likes a bit of crunch with his meat , was reading an earlier post with this link added http://www.dogfoodanalysis.com/ and thought id have a go with a few of the dog busciuts i know they sell in the local shops and OMG according to this site all uk food appears to be crap , some of the write ups were frankly scarey, needless to say all of there 6* foods arnt sold over here , so have any of you checked out what you feed yours? we did and its taken us a couple of hours walkin round various pet shops trying to find an alternitave lol

anything other than bakers lol

It's the equivalent of feeding your kids junk food every day - I feed my boys on the Burns high energy lamb -

High Energy Lamb 7.5kg - Product Code: 62

A complete food for large breed puppies, which is also suitable for the underweight dog.

Available in 15kg and 7.5kg bag sizes.

Contains:

* Lamb meat meal (min 32%)

* Brown Rice

* White Rice

* Sunflower Oil

* Oats

* Peas

* Beet Pulp

* Seaweed

* Minerals & Vitamins

Typical Analysis:

* Protein 24.0%

* Oil 15.0%

* Fibre 2.8%

* Ash 7.0%

* Moisture 8.0%

* Vitamin A 20000 iu/kg

* Vitamin D 1500 iu/kg

* Vitamin E 160 iu/kg

* Copper 15mg/kg

* Sodium 0.6%

* Calcium 1.5%

* Phosphorus 0.94%

* Magnesium 0.11%

highenergylamb7-5kg.jpg

• 1 month later...

If anyone's interested

I'm currently looking at importing one of the dried foods from America that is highest rated in the survey mentioned earlier in the thread.

Hoping to have samples shortly and some idea of price.

Early days but if the numbers stack up I may be able to distribute throughout the UK.

i feed my dogs barf, as its so much better for them, although sometimes we do give them a handful of wainwrights for the crunch. wainwrights seems to have less fillers, no gluten, no corn, and to me at least seems to be one of the best dried food available in the uk....it wasnt listed so i may be wrong, but the packet info suggests its way better than most.

dont forget though guys...if you can do it, nothing beats a good BARF...(ewwww...lol)

i feed my dogs barf, as its so much better for them, although sometimes we do give them a handful of wainwrights for the crunch. wainwrights seems to have less fillers, no gluten, no corn, and to me at least seems to be one of the best dried food available in the uk....it wasnt listed so i may be wrong, but the packet info suggests its way better than most.

dont forget though guys...if you can do it, nothing beats a good BARF...(ewwww...lol)

we have currently settled for a bit of all , the boys n tori have nature diet a comercial barf food, with chicken wings n loads of other lovley raw stuff but we still feed a kibble as well , we ended up with nutro choice

in our house we dont need to worry about food being left , if one aint hungry the others will be lol, tori is the worst , she is like a doggy dustbin

I use Pro Plan adult chicken and rice which isn't rated too highly on that site. Fair enough for the analysis, but it's counted toward Zeus putting on lots of weight (very skinny when we first got him) to what he looks like now. And this change has been within 2 months. We give him chicken breast a few times a week as a treat too.

Take a look at him before: (one week after picking him up)

skinny_zeus.jpg

Compared to now (bit of a funny running position - he hasn't put on that much weight but you get the idea!)

fatty_zeus.jpg

So if the food you've chose is working well, roll with it!

Well I checked and it seems that we feed Kremlin a 5* food.

It's Acana Prairie Harvest, which comes at a decent price in my opinion and he has no runny poos anymore.

I mean, yeah, we tried Purina, Royal Canin and some other stuff (and Purina and Royal Canin are really expensive!!!!), anyway, he did very bad on all of them. Apparently he has such a sensitive stomach, if he eats something else than his food he vomits or has diarrhea.