Recommended Walk Tracking App!

Dave

Had to share this with you all as Liz Jones shared it with me and it is spot on!!

Available on Android, Blackberry and Apple.. The App is - I Map My Walk

I have been using it for a few days now and switch it on each time i go off out with Kodi. It logs time taken, miles, elevation... It is great to see how far you are actually walking and very accurate.

All you do is open the app as you are about to start your walk, press the start button, put it back in your pocket until you get home and then press stop/finish.

Then I just found out today that you can log onto the website, compare your stats with friends and set targets... brilliant!

Edit: If anybody does use this, lets be friends :up: my username is perkins360

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

just downloaded it for Android :up:

one App that is a must (not sure if you can get it on iPhone) is JuiceDefender Ultimate, it has more than doubled my battery life, you can customize how your Wifi and data is connected, turn it off when the screen is off ect.

turn all data connections off at night ect when the phone is not being used :) its a great app :up:

I've gone over my data plan twice now... I hope I can remember to download these in December.

I did take a look though. There was I map my walk+. Is that it?

If i'm honest I downlaoded IMapMYHike but I don't think it had a + at the end. I'm going to swap it over to IMapMyWalk when I get home.

I would be careful using it if you have a low data plan though as it will be using data to track and record your walk, I'm not sure how much data it uses though but it's worth bearing in mind.

If i'm honest I downlaoded IMapMYHike but I don't think it had a + at the end. I'm going to swap it over to IMapMyWalk when I get home.

I would be careful using it if you have a low data plan though as it will be using data to track and record your walk, I'm not sure how much data it uses though but it's worth bearing in mind.

By MapMyFitness, Inc. ?

Nice find.

I've used a site called WalkJogRun.

it allows you to plot your course before or after your walk on google maps to see how far you've been.

Does this do any embarrassing loud announcements? I tried using the Nike running one before and it kept trying to give me feedback and stats shouted out which got very annoying when I was only trying to track a walk!

Nope, doesn't make a sound :up:

Nope, doesn't make a sound :up:

Excellent :D

:doglaugh:God Kodi stops to sniff a lot!!

This is why I didn't like the Nike one announcing to the world "WORKOUT LENGTH 30 MINUTES. DISTANCE COVERED 1 KILOMETRE" just as I walk past the bus stop, *panic* I can walk faster honest!!! :oops:

Woop just did our walk, 2.03miles in 40:59 minutes with a max elevation of 427ft.

Our workout looks like a mess though and we barely stopped, so I think some of the waves may be caused from the GPS dropping out?

Stacey xxx

Yeah could be, looks like a good walk though! :up: