Dogs and hairballs

Seriously am I the only one on the planet that has a dog that gets freaking hairballs? ? ? Diesel is obsessed with cleaning himself, especially when he's blowing, and has had hairballs twice now (the second I'm dealing with now) Everywhere I go on the net claims dogs don't get hairballs which is stupid because obviously my special head case does :mad: Yes I brush him several times a day when he's blowing and twice a week when he's not but he still manages to get them during his blows. I'm so freaking frustrated he panics when he has them and tries to graze on the carpet likes its grass so I have to stay up with him when he does this I'm freaking tired and want sleep. Am I really the only one in the universe suffering from this? ? ? My vet is highly amused by it because it's the only case she's seen of a dog with hairball issues. Sometimes being unique is more a pain than it's worth :(

The most ironic part is I adopted an adult dog so I wouldn't loose sleep again with a puppy lol. I guess it's a rare thing and could have something to do with either his digestive system or his throat. Kiana I haven't ever had to take her to the vet for a medical problem in the 2 yrs I've had her. Diesel I've had 8 months and have had to take him in 5 times. Poor boy I feel horrid I got him out of that crap hole and it feels like it's just one problem after another :(

We've had a terrible time with hairballs and our pup! she just chews on Indi's tail which is long haired.. she had an episode of vomiting every morning with a hair ball, has now settled to maybe once a week... but boy does she have a large hair ball :(

Awww poor thing! At least Diesel only seems to get them during a blow I can't imagine going through it that many times a month :( It's really horrible especially when they can't hack it up.

Awww poor thing! At least Diesel only seems to get them during a blow I can't imagine going through it that many times a month :( It's really horrible especially when they can't hack it up.

She's not been too bad getting it up but seems to always be about 5 in the morning so up rubbing her back and making sure she's ok :) Shes's my baby after all :)