Tenchi The Foo Dog

So we have a new member of the pack. Tenchi the 5 month old Pekingese. He has been with us for 3 days now and is starting to settle in rather nicely. He is such a little cutie, these pics really don't do him justice. Plus they were taken with my 2.0 mp camera from my cell phone.Still waiting to get a new camera so better pics will come later lol.

Tenchi and Tim

post-9396-0-88846600-1362698627_thumb.jp

Tenchi's close up

post-1354-0-56074000-1362697759_thumb.jp

Pouty Tenchi

post-8923-0-67063800-1362699501.jpg

post-4265-13585995557096_thumb.jpg

post-4265-13585995557534_thumb.jpg

post-4265-13585995558071_thumb.jpg

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's pretty cute. :)

Can I ask what made you name him Tenchi? Love that name!

We debated on names for a long time, even though Pekingese are Chinese dogs we ended up with the Japanese name Tenchi for a few reasons. Pekingese were scared guardians in ancient China and were believed to be legendary foo dogs that drove away evil spirits. At one time only royalty could own them and if someone stole one it was punishable by death. Because of this we wanted a name that kind of went with this. We got Tenchi from the Tenchi Myuo anime. Tim my boyfriend liked it because in the anime Tenchi is a protector and comes from a royal family. I looked up the meaning of Tenchi and it means heaven and earth. We though this went well with him in the foo dog since and also because he is a Tuarus which is an earth sign. We also put a little bell on his collar, bells are said to drive away evil spirits and negative energy. So Tenchi is our little guardian of the house lol

Just an update on Tenchi. He is one stubborn little bugger, dare I say it but he is more stubborn than Kuma :eek: Not only is his breed stubborn but I believe in astrology and he is a Taurus and thus very stubborn. Other than his pervasive stubbornness he has settled in rather nicely for the most part. He can defiantly hang with the big dogs lol.

LOL I loved Tenchi Universe it's my favorite I think but I HATED Tenchi in Tokyo positively horrible series :(

I've been meaning to watch Tenchi Universe, I actually need to get it from a friend. I'm not sure if anyone I know has watched Tenchi in Tokyo but this isn't the first bad thing I've heard about it.

lol oh good I'm not the only one who disliked that series haha. I think you'll enjoy Tenchi Universe I loved Muyo it was a great start to the series I wish it was a tad longer though. You gotta let me know what you think of Universe when you get around to seeing it :D