Our Late Lusso...

I was lookng around the forums and found this section for other dogs and i thought i would just post quickly about the dog we had before we decided on Huskys...

Lusso was adopted about 5 years ago from an Animal Shelter before she was due to be put down as she required an operation on her hip and leg but one which wouldnt have got done unless there as a home for her to go to. The Animal Shelter paid for this operation and we had a new member to our family... Lusso came from the shelter with registered pedigree papers and showed that both her mother and father had a history of Champions in their bloodlines. Unfortunatly for Lusso she had been mistreated by her previous owners.

She may have been a Rottweiler, was a perfect example of Nurture over Nature as she was the most loving Dog I have ever had and although she could never go for long walks due to her hips, she used to love chasing after rabbits (which she never got close to) and the sea.

Unfortunatly one day she started wimpering seemingly about her leg and we took her to the vets and they diagnosed her with arthritis in her back leg and after an injection she was back to her normal self the next day, but the ay after she couldnt move without crying and you could see the pain on her face. We took her back to the vets and they kept her in over night after determinig that ther was a problem with her spine, and over the next 24hrs she deteriated and lost use of her legs completly, making the decision to put her down was the hardest thing we have ever had to do, especially after this degenerative problem came on so quickly. MY girlfriend will probably never get over this but it wa the only thing we could do to take away her pain.

Through it all the vets were brilliant and we decided to stay with the same vets once we made the deision we were ready for another dog and researched and decided on a Husky..

Sorry if you found this depressing, i should have said that at the beginning, but thought i would honor my baby by posting her picture.

post-7406-13606857559825_thumb.jpg

post-6035-13585993189367_thumb.jpg