looks funny running?

Gankez

hmmm can you get a video of it? Its hard to tell without seeing it. Back/hind legs of a dog are where the majority of their speed and pulling power is, hense the larger muscle, and you could describe it as their throttle. It sounds normal as some dogs do have more of a "bounce" to their running than other dogs. If Im in the garden messing around with my 3 I notice Marley will almost look like her is trying to dance when he runs about but when I take him for a run around the block or do some training to pull the rigs the bounce is decreased.

Bandit had alot of spring/bounce in his run and even when he isnt running he is alot more bouncy than Gizmo and Marley.

If you could get a video of Duke running on here it would make it much easier to see if its normal or not. Have you had Duke since a puppy or did you rescue him? Sometimes they can develop muscle and joint problems if they have been over walked or if they havent recieved suffcient nutrients during growth and this can lead to problems and pain when moving.

got em from the pound a couple months back... hes around 2 yrs atm

ill try and get a video of em the next time i take em for a run (been kinda hot the past few days)

he seems fine tho i havnt seen him favoring any side or walking funny...

it is funny tho when he plays with the other dogs.. he looks like a rabbit lol... he'll tuck his tail/back legs in and hop around to avoid em grabbin at his back side... its fun watchin em play cause he runs circles around em as its usually a 3v1

I think Grey kinda runs like that...? sometimes it look like Grey runs to the side/at a angle as well. :confused:

Dont think its anything to worry about but if unsure post some vids and other peeps can tell you what they think.

Hope this helps!

Mary & Grey

x x x x x x