trained dog peeing in house after new puppy arrival?

I recently adopted a 7 month old boy Zorro. Had him about a week. At home I have a 3yr old shepherd mix(Gigabyte) that is very well trained and hasn't gone potty in house in almost 2 yrs(with exception of peeing because he's mad at us. Sounds crazy but I swear he does). Tonight at bedtime(husband's bedtime, I'm a night owl) the boys got on the bed and everything was fine. We walked out of bedroom and Gigabyte just stopped and peed in floor. I heard the sound and looked and when he saw me looking he stopped and went to the door to backyard(where he is supposed to go potty). Could he be doing it because of the new puppy? They get along really well, playing all the time and never fighting. Am I worrying for nothing and it was just an accident and he isn't trying to tell us something? He has been fixed since he was a puppy. Zorro isn't fixed yet but I plan for him to be. Zorro has had one accident in house but it was in the bedroom. Am I worrying for nothing? We've tried to make sure Gigabyte doesn't feel left out(training Zorro means attention and praise and treats) by giving him treats when he does command we are trying to teach the puppy. Am I overreacting or could I have trouble brewing?

He's likely to be a bit insecure for a while. Do you have a crate for him/is he crate trained? If so, if the 'accidents' continue, you might want to go back to crate training, and walk him to the door on leash to reinforce that he NEEDS to relieve himself outdoors, and that it is NOT a good way to let you know that he's not happy! If you stop and think about it, they don't have nearly the resources to let us know when they aren't happy - and "pee-mail" has worked quite well for canine expression for thousands of years!

Keep on giving him training and positive attention, and keep attention at a minimum when he pees in the house. When it happens, DO quietly but firmly take him outside, and calmly but firmly tell him whatever command you usualy use, and "OUTSIDE!" Equally quietly and firmly, isolate him in a crate or another area for a short time if he's peed inside, after taking him outside, and go back to basics.

Fox has gone through this with both Eponine, and Tinkerbell...Except he wasn't nice and just peeing on the floor about it...he did his business in the house ONLY on things that belonged to the other dogs...IE...on Tinkerbell's dog bed...Inside Eponine's crate (this made me sooo mad...he went in just to pee in it then trotted out and went to his own crate like a spoiled monster having a spiteful tantrum)...etc.

Keep at the house training/crate training and give your pup a bit of extra 1:1 time...clean your carpets and hold your breath this too shall pass.

He doesn't have a crate. He has his own room that connects the house to the garage with full access to backyard(where he knows to go potty). We never crate any animal unless absolutely necessary(vet or other medical reason). Don't even have a crate anywhere near Zorro or Gigabyte size. Never crated him as a puppy either. I thoroughly cleaned the spot so shouldn't be any lingering smell. Except for one accident Zorro hasn't pottied in the house. We were in the bedroom earlier(same room the one accident with Zorro happened) and door was closed. Zorro went to door and when nobody got up(cat was on other side and he likes playing with cat) he came back to bed and nudged me and went back to door.When I opened door he went through living room to kitchen door(leads into backyard) to be let out. He went out, peed, and came back to be let back in. So proud of him. I'll try giving Gigabyte some more attention since he could be jealous. As far as dominance thing goes, Gigabyte always rolls over into submissive position with Zorro, Me, and husband. Would he still dominance pee even while doing that?