pond fish

erm right ok - so the house im looking after has 2 lil ponds with a couple of fish in

however - they are nearly out of food n im still here for another week - i already forgot to feed them this morning - oops - n shes said they need feeding twice a day - however theres not enuf food to feed them for the next week twice a day

anything else i can give them? or am i gonna have 2 go into my own pocket n pay for more pond food? which isnt easy to get hold of unless ur at a pet shop (which i cnt get 2) and shes not left any spare food or money to buy extra food with

help!?

Oh bloody hell. You would think they would have left enough food. I didn't think fish would need feeding twice per day, but I know bugger all about fish. Could somebody pick you some fish food up from the pet shop? and get the money when they come back? Will they survive being fed once a day do you think?

Oh bloody hell. You would think they would have left enough food. I didn't think fish would need feeding twice per day, but I know bugger all about fish. Could somebody pick you some fish food up from the pet shop? and get the money when they come back? Will they survive being fed once a day do you think?

i asked my cousin who used to work in pets at home so have been trained to know about fish n she said they dont need as much as ive been told to feed them so im gonna try n cut it bk n make it last

If the pond is well established, they shouldn't need feeding at all. My fish haven't been fed in about 2 years.

There's normally enough algae and insects in the pond to sustain them.

In fact overfeeding is worse than underfeeding, the excess food sinks, rots, and makes the water "all acky" (technical term) ;)

If the pond is well established, they shouldn't need feeding at all. My fish haven't been fed in about 2 years.

In fact overfeeding is worse than underfeeding, the excess food sinks, rots, and makes the water "all acky" (technical term) ;)

1 of them is a fairly new pond - bout a month old - if that i think

• 2 weeks later...

I know goldfish are slightly different to pond fish but mine survive fine on being fed as and when I remember to :P most days I feed them once but sometimes if I forget they dont seem to mind.

Have just reminded myself of the first time my mom asked me to puppysit for Nel when she first got her - I went upsatirs and left Nel in the garden, when I came back I couldn't find her then heard a massive splash - she'd got through a hole in the fence to next doors garden and jumped in their pond - by the time I'd climbed over the fence to get to her there were no fish left :oops:

I agree our fish are fed every other day :) love the technical term "all achy"