VBA anyone on here enjoy messing with it ?

lurchybold

Hi Marc,

thanks for the responce,

There are a couple of things the first is to do with our stock list/check,

We have an excel sheet that is used for recording our stock check once a month, this is usually printed out and filled out by hand, hung on a nail in the office in the hope that someone will remember to order some stock once in a while. As you can guess we run out of stock on a regular basis.

I would like to automate this so that the ‘Stock level’ column is filled in on a PC, when the stock level falls below the ‘Min stock quantity’ level the ‘Order quantity’ column is automatically filled in with an order amount that is needed (this would be the minimum order quantity). Would it also be possible to have an automated e-mail sent when an order quantity is highlighted, this would need to be sent to 3 members of staff to ensure that at least we know that they have been notified that an order needs to be placed. The e-mails would be sent to the person responsible for ordering his assistant and also to the MD.

Hope not asking for too much, willing to be talked through the work involved but I am not very literate with this type of thing,

Thanks for at least reading this for me Marc,

Regards,

Andy

One easy(ish) way is to actually do the steps manually once while you record a Macro: Tools > Macro > Record New Macro. Once you have it, you can then rerun on the new documents(s).

Hi @jelharou,

sorry didn't mean to ignor your reply, ~I didn't see it~ but thanks for the reply, needs a bit more than a recorded macro that's needed though,

Cheers,

Andy

Hi Marc,

thanks for the responce,

There are a couple of things the first is to do with our stock list/check,

We have an excel sheet that is used for recording our stock check once a month, this is usually printed out and filled out by hand, hung on a nail in the office in the hope that someone will remember to order some stock once in a while. As you can guess we run out of stock on a regular basis.

I would like to automate this so that the ‘Stock level’ column is filled in on a PC, when the stock level falls below the ‘Min stock quantity’ level the ‘Order quantity’ column is automatically filled in with an order amount that is needed (this would be the minimum order quantity). Would it also be possible to have an automated e-mail sent when an order quantity is highlighted, this would need to be sent to 3 members of staff to ensure that at least we know that they have been notified that an order needs to be placed. The e-mails would be sent to the person responsible for ordering his assistant and also to the MD.

Hope not asking for too much, willing to be talked through the work involved but I am not very literate with this type of thing,

Thanks for at least reading this for me Marc,

Regards,

Andy

Will have a look later m8 when I get back from work

I would like to automate this so that the ‘Stock level’ column is filled in on a PC, when the stock level falls below the ‘Min stock quantity’ level the ‘Order quantity’ column is automatically filled in with an order amount that is needed (this would be the minimum order quantity).

this could be done easily with a formula...

If your stock level number is in, for example, col A and first data in A2 and your order col is col B, and you wanted your min stock order to be 40 and it to be triggered at less than or equal to 25 remaining, in cell B2 you'd put....

=IF(A2<=25,"40","0")

and then just copy it down the column

(can't tell what I play with at work 90% of the time :whistling:)

Would it also be possible to have an automated e-mail sent when an order quantity is highlighted, this would need to be sent to 3 members of staff to ensure that at least we know that they have been notified that an order needs to be placed. The e-mails would be sent to the person responsible for ordering his assistant and also to the MD.

not sure on this one but perhaps with another if statement in col C and a macro which is triggered with a positive answer?

Will have a look later m8 when I get back from work

Cheers Marc.

this could be done easily with a formula...

If your stock level number is in, for example, col A and first data in A2 and your order col is col B, and you wanted your min stock order to be 40 and it to be triggered at less than or equal to 25 remaining, in cell B2 you'd put....

=IF(A2<=25,"40","0")

and then just copy it down the column

not sure on this one but perhaps with another if statement in col C and a macro which is triggered with a positive answer?

Thanks MaisieMoo, will have a look at that,

Regards,

Andy.

Hi @jelharou,

sorry didn't mean to ignor your reply, ~I didn't see it~ but thanks for the reply, needs a bit more than a recorded macro that's needed though,

Cheers,

Andy

No prob. I understood from the later responses what you needed and figured that the others would send the formulas, which they did.

Any help with formula's just shout - I analyse data from GP systems in excel every day so if's, concatenates and vlookups are my thing LOL!

Great pains? Lol that data structure is an annoyance at best lol

Great pains? Lol that data structure is an annoyance at best lol

GP as in Doctors but then Great Pains might be appropriate LOL! :D

I write educational materials and clinical audit projects for doc's to ensure they're recalling the right patients and they're on the right therapy regimens etc etc Been looking at 250k cholesterol patients today and 50k osteoporosis ones the other day. Use excel for most of the analysis side :D

GP as in Doctors but then Great Pains might be appropriate LOL! :D

I write educational materials and clinical audit projects for doc's to ensure they're recalling the right patients and they're on the right therapy regimens etc etc Been looking at 250k cholesterol patients today and 50k osteoporosis ones the other day. Use excel for most of the analysis side :D

Ah I see, I thought you meant GP as in the microsoft dynamics program lol.

Andy, have sent you a pm

Ah I see, I thought you meant GP as in the microsoft dynamics program lol.

Andy, have sent you a pm

LOL no, although we're just integrating dynamics into work :o getting shot of our home made intranet diary system and going whole hog dynamics for crm, diary and using sharepoint for the documentation - all fun so far!