Man Utd accept 80m Ronaldo bid

Dunc

Happy days :)

Not sure if there's any football fans on here but as a Liverpool fan am glad to see this cheating little shit go :)

Now that is real fighting talk!!!

Never mind pedigrees, KC reg and puppy farmers - Now it's WAR!!!!!!:D:D:D:D:D

As a United fan for 50 years, I am sad to lose him in one way, but to be honest, I'd rather lose him and keep Tevez (although it looks like we'll lose him as well - and Sporting Lisbon want Nani back but I wouldn't lose any sleep over that). Next year's Premiership should be really competitive - especially if Man City buy themselves a good team. We'll still win it though - Chelsea are too old and Rafa loses the plot too easily. Also, hopefully we'll have Hargreaves and Wes Brown back fit next season (it will be great to have John O'Shea back in the reserves where he belongs).

Mind you, Fergie needs to sort out the team's mental approach to big games. We should never have been badly beaten by Liverpool or beaten by Barca - for some reason, on those days, we just never turned up. In the Champion's League Final, I thought that Barca were very ordinary and on any other day we would have slaughtered them, but for some reason we played like over-awed schoolboys.

As for my other team - Brentford to win Division One and go straight up into the Championship!!!

Mick:D:D:D

But Mick...

As a United fan for 50 years, I am sad to lose him in one way, but to be honest, I'd rather lose him and keep Tevez. Next year's Premiership should be really competitive - especially if Man City buy themselves a good team. We'll still win it though - Chelsea are too old and Rafa loses the plot too easily.

Mind you, Fergie needs to sort out the team's mental approach to big games. We should never have been badly beaten by Liverpool or beaten by Barca - for some reason, on those days, we just never turned up. In the Champion's League Final, I thought that Barca were very ordinary and on any other day we would have slaughtered them, but for some reason we played like over-awed schoolboys.

Mick:D:D:D

Sorry to say it but typical United rant! All good teams are 'bought' nowadays Mick even Man U!

All I can say is, as sucha loyal football fan, it's a shame you've supported Salford Rovers instead of the ONLY TEAM Manchester have for so long!!

I wasn't ranting about City - I think it would be great if they had a really good team - after all they have a superb manager - Sparky was one of my all-time favourite players.

I agree that all the top teams are "bought" nowadays, but at least United (and one or two others) still have a really effective "academy" where youngsters are scouted and developed - this could become really crucial if UEFA ever do bring in a ruling on the number of foreign players allowed.

Incidentally, my most abiding memory of Man City was the 1956 Cup Final which I watched as an 8 year old with my dad on our neighbour's TV (he was the only person in the street rich enough to have one). That was the match in which the City goalkeeper, Bert Trautmann broke his neck but still played the whole game. I remember asking my dad throughout the match, "Why does the goalie keep rubbing his neck dad?" - I don't see many of today's players doing that - they fall to the ground if someone gets within a yard of them.

Mick

Name dropping but.......

I wasn't ranting about City - I think it would be great if they had a really good team - after all they have a superb manager - Sparky was one of my all-time favourite players.

I agree that all the top teams are "bought" nowadays, but at least United (and one or two others) still have a really effective "academy" where youngsters are scouted and developed - this could become really crucial if UEFA ever do bring in a ruling on the number of foreign players allowed.

Incidentally, my most abiding memory of Man City was the 1956 Cup Final which I watched as an 8 year old with my dad on our neighbour's TV (he was the only person in the street rich enough to have one). That was the match in which the City goalkeeper, Bert Trautmann broke his neck but still played the whole game. I remember asking my dad throughout the match, "Why does the goalie keep rubbing his neck dad?" - I don't see many of today's players doing that - they fall to the ground if someone gets within a yard of them.

Mick