Chipped Canine Tooth

OMG Skye has chipped a lower canine tooth

God knows how or even when!!

I noticed a brown spot on the side of her lower canine yesterday.

I have taken her to the vet who want's to x-ray her on friday and needs to sedate her to do this.

I have insisted that they weigh her first to use the right amount sedation.

He said he needs to check that the tooth isn't cracked further down.

He also gave me RIMADYL, (anti-inflamatory), but I googled that, and I dont want to give her that because of tha scare stories.

I am so worried

Does anyone have any previous experiences to help settle my nerves

Alaska has 2 chipped teeth, on is very miner and it's on one of the middle (of the mouth) tooth, and again in the middle her tooth is chipped and almost in half >>> Have no idea how, vets told me it's causing her no discomfort so no worries. You will find dogs get chipped teeth as time goes on, try not worry as i doubt it's serius, and the vets will be able to take care of it as you have informed them very quickly. And im sure the vets wouldn't give her meds they wern't confident in >>> it's better than her being in discomfort >> good luck ;)

Im sorry but I dont have any advise but I hope she is ok.

I have found this site about care after detal sugery which may help you out: http://vetmedicine.about.com/od/diseasesconditionsfaqs/tp/TP_postanesth.htm

about the Rimadyl, if you are unhappy about using it then speak to your vet and ask then if they have a better alternative to use.

I remember when I did a littler work experiance at a vets they had to do some dental surgery to a dog. Im not sure what medication they gave out (Cant remember) but the dog recovered perfectly well, if that helps calm your nerves :)

Skye has come back from the dentist

She was a little woozy when I picked her up at 5, but she is lots better now.

Thank goodness for Petplan though!

450 :eeek:

She has had cosmetic filling put on her tooth and now you cant see where the chip was at all.

Her dentist charges more than mine LOL

• 2 weeks later...