How can I get my uncle's dog to trust me?

My uncle has a 3-4 month old chow chow and for some odd reason she just doesn't like me! Every time I go over, she barks at me constantly and if I try to go near her, she runs from me. This is just really weird to me because I've only met 1 dog in my lifetime that doesn't like me. And I don't understand why this one doesn't. Anyway, I'm going to be going over to feed my uncles dogs while he's out of town and I want to see if I can build some trust with the dog without her owners around. Of course, treats should help....but does anyone have any suggestions how I can get her to come to me and learn to trust me? Thanks!!

chows can be tempermental anyway - i would just ignore her dont look at her touch her or talk to her n if she comes near u n shes (even if its not close enuf to stroke her) quiet - throw her a treat - im sure eventually the more she gets used to u and realises ur arrival is a good thing n see gets treats from you she will learn to like you

I agree with Nix. Chows can be quite aloof, sometimes even with their owners. They weren't bred to be cuddly lap dogs lol. Not putting the breed down as I love all dogs and never ever would I say a particular breed is bad. We owned a Chow when I was young and she was a real sweet dog but not all Chows are like her lol. Do a bit of research online about the breed so you can understand the dog better and I would do as Nix suggested. :D Hope all goes well, but I'm sure it will.

I would treat her like I would a nervous dog, ignore her, don't make eye contact with her, keep your back to her, whatever, but let her come to you, it's her choice then. If you have the odd treat that would probably help too. Let her come over & sniff you, don't try & stroke her straight away, but praise her quietly when she comes to you and build up her liking of you that way

Good luck

Maybe take a kong full of penute butter with you or a toy. My lab Tank si very nervous around guys and so I would ahve guys throw toys to him when they walked in the door and hey had treats in their pockets to give him.