VERY EARLY version of the new membermap

Marc

Hi Guys,

I have just put live a VERY EARLY version of the new member map we will be using. Please bare in mind that it will take a while before it is up to scratch and things will be changing on it on a regular basis at the moment.

To add yourself to the member map if you are not already on it, you need to add your location into your user profile. IF YOU WERE ALREADY ON THE OLD ONE, YOU ARE ALREADY THERE.

To ensure your added to the membermap correctly, here are a few examples of what you should enter into the location field within "YourNameAtTopRight>Personal Details":

Norden,Rochdale,UK

Weston,FL,USA

You can of course put things just as FL,USA or Rochdale,UK however bare in mind if you do this then you may end up with more than one person placed in exactly the same spot (a problem that was also occuring previously). Personally I have picked an area in the UK close to me where nobody else was placed :)

looks good :)

And we have Street View, which can help with meet ups ect, looking for the right place :D

LOL, there is also location on the events planner for this, which incidentally I am planning on integrating the markers from

Just as a quick addition to this, the membermap I have been writting is being retired from development due to the fact that another developer has got a lot further than I have and released one. There doesnt seem much sense in me reinventing the wheel and therefore I will be switching to this one later on today (or even very shortly). This will mean Jos and myself will be freed up to begin project X ;)

Hi @Marc, my location details are in my personal info but I still cant find myself. Could you possibly have a look if you have time. Or if anyone else can shed any light on it please. Also my map is only an inch high and not sure why.

It is a brilliant idea though so members can see if there is anyone local to them for meet ups etc

:thankyou:

Sorry Andy this has now changed. You now update your location in the map screen in top right. I'm aware of the size being wrong and going to sort that when I get home from work tonight

Sorry Andy this has now changed. You now update your location in the map screen in top right. I'm aware of the size being wrong and going to sort that when I get home from work tonight

@Marc. No apologies need. I'm aware of the difficulties that can arise from new software projects being a software engineer in a very passed life. The forum is brilliant and the work that is involved in it is appreciated. Loads learnt so far about the husky breed. Thanks for your input though. Appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk