Dog eats then makes himself sick :/ Help?

he need grass to eat sound like her got a tummy bug or bad acid ?? i mite be wrong

but as for him going for you trying going towords the sick with more food like meet at first throw it to him then get closer .... he will then think he gona get meet every time u are going near the sick ?? that is what i had to do with a staffy years ago but i was told not to stop him eating grass .. he was ok after about a week

its like when the kids go near the bowl and the dog grawls at them so i gave the kids food to put in the bowl ... and i gave everyone who come round to put food in the bowl ..... now he let you take the bowl from him and even play with his food while he is eating

use the same principle with this towards the sick

its like when the kids go near the bowl and the dog grawls at them so i gave the kids food to put in the bowl ... and i gave everyone who come round to put food in the bowl ..... now he let you take the bowl from him and even play with his food while he is eating

use the same principle with this towards the sick

yeah, its not so much the food that he's possesive over. But he is with the sick :S

And he's been being sick after eating for a few months... its really weird.

My husky would get sick a lot when he was a younger puppy never understood why, he always ate normally and drank normally and seemed to be perfectly fine aside from occasional vomiting. It went away though when he got older. Our new puppy(shar pei) is 4 months he does the same thing. Im thinking possibly a bug of some sort or something they ate outside. No need to worry unless they are showing signs of lethargy or not eating or drinking.

As far as getting possessive over it? Idk what to say for that maybe a firm NO! and push your dog away?

There might be wrong in him so the best way to treat most especially if you are not 100% sure of what you will going to do is rush him to your vet. I'm also really upset whenever I see my dog suffering from sickness but I can't do anything about it because in the first place I'm not expert though so I all I can do is observe.

If he hasn't been to the Vets already I would take him and take a sample of the vomit as well. It sounds like he may have some sort of gastric problem.

How is he generally?

Does he eat his food normally rather than bolting it ?

Is he bright and alert?

Hope he's feeling better soon

And he's been being sick after eating for a few months... its really weird.

if it's been happening for a few months, he really should have been to a vet by now for investigation, it's not normal for it to last so long and happen so often - then again, we're husky owners, it may be a Pom thing :blink:

blaze is abit like that - he will have moments when he throws up ALOT think its his sensitive husky stomach but its usually just bile n grass n tends to be if he has eaten just before a walk or if he has been VERY active right after eating or drinking to quickly

would get him checked out - or even just give the vet a call if your really worried just to be on the safe side

If he hasn't been to the Vets already I would take him and take a sample of the vomit as well. It sounds like he may have some sort of gastric problem.

How is he generally?

Does he eat his food normally rather than bolting it ?

Is he bright and alert?

Hope he's feeling better soon

He's fine other than this. Fully active and alert.

He usually does eat his food fairly fast, so i started cutting it up into smaller chunks so he cant choke or anything. It just seems really weird. Like he gets some sort of kick out of doing it :/

He used to have a toy sheep that was a bit smaller than him, but then he started humping it loaaads and being really possesive. So we took it away. Then one day, Sophia's bloody dad gave him it back without us knowing about it, and from then on, every time he ate, he'd roll this sheep around and hump it until he was sick. So then we threw it out, but now he messes around with other stuff like i say.

blaze is abit like that - he will have moments when he throws up ALOT think its his sensitive husky stomach but its usually just bile n grass n tends to be if he has eaten just before a walk or if he has been VERY active right after eating or drinking to quickly

would get him checked out - or even just give the vet a call if your really worried just to be on the safe side

Yeah, i think ill give them a call :)

If he eats his food fast dont cut it up, make the peices bigger so he cant just wolf them down.. or try spreading it out so he HAS to work to get it that should slow him down. Also smaller regular meals might help rather than waiting all day then having a huge meal. And if hes really active just after eating my guess would be that is what is making him sick... try to get him to settle, maybe with a chew that will take him a while to eat? Just so hes not running around crazy JUST after eating. Sometimes dogs just wind themslelves up so much they get overexcited and throw up because of it. :)

If he eats his food fast dont cut it up, make the peices bigger so he cant just wolf them down.. or try spreading it out so he HAS to work to get it that should slow him down. Also smaller regular meals might help rather than waiting all day then having a huge meal. And if hes really active just after eating my guess would be that is what is making him sick... try to get him to settle, maybe with a chew that will take him a while to eat? Just so hes not running around crazy JUST after eating. Sometimes dogs just wind themslelves up so much they get overexcited and throw up because of it. :)

Yeah thats what i was thinking about it being because he's so active. But he seems to purposefully become more active immediatley after eating. I think i may try give him a chew afterwards so he can go sit in his bed and chill. :)