Panting excessively

Also thank you everyone for the kind words on Odin. Nevis very calm, non destructive and just an all around amazing dog. The only real issue he has is car sickness which we are working in slowly but surely :)

When we walk or go to the dog park I feel bad as he takes the attention off all other dogs! I got very lucky.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some great replies :)

I agree, he seems just fine to me :) Kiska is currently experiencing her first period of warm weather above 15'C and she's been panting a LOT recently. I think when it starts getting even hotter she'll gradually start getting used to the heat and when it drops back to around 15'C again it'll be a welcome relief for her :lol: I also agree that he does look a little bit porky :P I wouldn't be worried about that though - if you drop his food intake to 2 cups a day instead of 3 like you said then I think he'd be fine ;) Such a gorgeous boy :wub:

He is 7 months and I am unsure of his weight. The last time he was at the vet he was 30lbs (this was 2ish months ago?).

yeah i wouldn't worry too much about his weight. zoey's almost 9 months and is probably a little bit under 50lbs.

if you think he does look a little big, i'd put him down to 2 cups.