FEMALE SIBES!!! >>> is this normal to all female sibe owners??

Well i got alaska at 7 1/2 weeks and we trained her and she was the sweetest little thing, as i remember she rarely came to me for petting but absolutely loved it when we gave it to her, she would get so excited when she saw one of us and gave us all her paws lol, and i can't quit determine if it was before or just after we got balto when she was just less bothered >> or maybe it's becuase balto loves attention and i contrast the two? so to all female and male sibe owners...is there a difference??

alaska still smiles and wags her tail but it's like she's a little bored by the same old routine whereas balto still wags his tail...anything i can do>:confused: she is very cool and calm, is this just her nature because i would hate to think that there's something i can do to make her happier, she is so cheeky in the park and when she is getting exercise is when she is over the moon so she gets 2 hrs a day >> off lead, she gets fed a variety of raw and dry and gets treats every day, she shows little interest in toys these days and prefers edible chews like rawhide, bones and stuffed kongs........?

I think that sibes are like people. As a breed, they have certain characteristics which they all tend to share, but as individuals, they have little individual idiosynchrasies which make them who they are. We have both males and females and there is little difference between them in terms of affection. Our most stand-offish sibe is a young male, and our cuddliest is a female. We find that our males (as a group) tend to love their cuddles, but only for a limited time, whereas the females are happy to lay on your lap until YOU move.

It's quite funny to watch our lot in the evening while we're watching TV. It's like musical chairs. As one dog decides it's time to move from a human lap, another unhurriedly takes its place - this can go on for hours.

Mick

Mick , i find what you said about right with ours . Koda our male loves hugs but only for a short time but maya our female loves being with us at night and always next to me or my husband on the sofa, but gets funny if honey trys to get on sofa too. So i usually move and have one each side this works.

Sorry but can't help you very much as Ive only ever kept males apart from my old JRT which was a female (Sally). Sally was always a sweet little girl and never aggressive. Apart from Sally Ive only ever had males, no reason I just always picked out males.

My 3 love attention at different levels. Gizmo loves attention unless we are on walks or runs where he would prefer to focus on the walk/run than recieve attention. Marley loves nothing but attention no matter what, always getting cuddles and fuss from people we meet on walks and loves every minute of it. Bandit does enjoy a cuddle now and then but prefers attention as in play time that fuss and cuddles, he tends to wriggle away if you try and give him a cuddle.

The first six months we had Tala I was convinced she hated me LOL -she was in love with Rich and just hovered around me watching but not getting too close. Granted I am home all day, I am alpha, disciplinarian etc and with Rich it's Daddy's Home, lets play....

Now, Tala is my girlfriend, tries to keep others away from me and sticks close! Always wants her belly rubbed and is so sweet!

I would have never believed she would be so close to me but time changed her... or she is just a greedy little pig who knows I am the food provider LOL