wise stuff

MyMukki

Computers are like Old Testament gods; lots of rules and no mercy.

Joseph Campbell

Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.

Benjamin Franklin

Pessimists, were told, look at a glass containing 50% air and 50% water and see it as half empty. Optimists, in contrast, see it as half full. Engineers, of course, understand the glass is twice as big as it needs to be.

Bob Lewis

If you think you are worth what you know, you are very wrong. Your knowledge today does not have much value beyond a couple of years. Your value is what you can learn and how easily you can adapt to the changes this profession brings so often.

Jose M. Aguilar

Simplicity, carried to the extreme, becomes elegance.

Jon Franklin

Programming without an overall architecture or design in mind is like exploring a cave with only a flashlight: You dont know where youve been, you dont know where youre going, and you dont know quite where you are.

Danny Thorpe

Manually managing blocks of memory in C is like juggling bars of soap in a prison shower: Its all fun and games until you forget about one of them.

anonymous Usenet user

I think computer viruses should count as life. I think it says something about human nature that the only form of life we have created so far is purely destructive. Weve created life in our own image.

Stephen Hawking

The only truly secure system is one that is powered off, cast in a block of concrete and sealed in a lead-lined room with armed guards.

Gene Spafford

Passwords are like underwear: you dont let people see it, you should change it very often, and you shouldnt share it with strangers.

Chris Pirillo

Im not one of those who think Bill Gates is the devil. I simply suspect that if Microsoft ever met up with the devil, it wouldnt need an interpreter.

Nicholas Petreley

“Passwords are like underwear: you don’t let people see it, you should change it very often, and you shouldn’t share it with strangers.”

– Chris Pirillo

rofl