My fur and feather babies<3

Well I don't have a husky yet, but I do have other fur and feather babieswub.gif

67234_439988432875_500202875_5428172_2364103_n.jpg

His full name is: Mischiefio Alfonsio Edwardio Magnifico Atherley-Galloway but we call him Mischief or Pesticus for short wink.gif

I was wondering if there are any husky/ ferret owners on the forum that would have any tips or tricks to ensure that nothing goes wrong when we get our husky. Mischief is our baby and my boyfriend and myself would be devastated if anything were to happen to him.

40798_10150229909570461_516465460_14047154_5289270_n.jpg

Griffin is my seven year old lovebird<3 I've had him since he was six weeks old and when I first brought him home got to hand feed him :D

He is quite a cheeky little bugger with tons of personality. Growing up if anyone tried to talk to me while he was out on my shoulder, he would get extremely jealous and fly at them and go into complete attack mode! My mom would call him Satan or the Devils Bird!! rofl.gif. Thankfully when he was introduced to my boyfriend they hit it off right away, though Griffy total takes advantage of the fact that my boyfriend is still a little bit frightened of him wink.gif

62755_432510857875_500202875_5292270_3825710_n.jpg

Not sure why it deleted my poor little grey lady from my post, but this is our one-legged cockatiel Hobbles. We 'rescued' her from Petcetera where she lived in deplorable conditions and where she was subjected to near death and trauma. While they said she was born with the one leg, the vet told us it had been amputated as a result of a banding accident. All other the other birds at petcetera had a band on the leg that my poor girl is missing, and she doesn't have one on her other leg. Had we not taken her to the vet when we did she would have been dead of a respiratory infection within a two weeks. Over $300 in vet bills in the first week of having her alone, she made a full recovery, and while she is still nervous of hands and doesn't like being touched she is improving everyday.

aww they are lovely :)

i would keep ur ferret away from the husky when they cant be supervised but i WOULD get ur husky used to ur ferret and birds as soon as possible - we had gerbils n blaze didnt get to see them unless they were in their cage so they became good fun for him to try n get - luckily my other dog Bingo would tell him off for it :)

I love your ferret! I have 3 ferret, 3 birds and a few other furry animal , they are never out when kira is out for safety i wouldn't trust any dogs around small animals,but i have let her meet them through the cage since she was a puppy so she is use to there smell, sound etc.

nataliex

biggrin.gif

Aww your pets are just adorable stunning ferret :D I would make sure any interaction between your husky is 110% supervised as others have stated depending on how high your huskies prey drive is will show you how much interaction they can have. Kiana likes to chase but keeps her teeth to herself for the most part however that is not guaranteed with this breed so of course she'll never be unsupervised with anything below her neck level LOL. As long as he is caged in a safe spot though when your not home they should be ok I would think

Thanks for the advice everyone!

I keep getting mixed messages from other people, saying they would get along great and can play together blink.gifbut my gut instinct tells me that a 50 pound+ dog cannot play gently with a 3 pound ferret, no matter the disposition of the dog. I'm glad I have all of you on here to back me up!

There are also some downright terrifying videos of huskies and ferrets 'playing' together on youtube. I think I was having a mini heart attack while watching!

The music for this video is in extremely bad taste sad.gif I feel so sorry for the poor little guy, especially if thats the kind of owner its stuck with :(

Mischief has his own bedroom equipped with his own multi-level condo so we can just close the door off as an added guard for when we get the puppy and aren't home :)