Odd behaviour from Gizmo

Since I got the canny collars I have been able to manage all 3 on a walk together which for me is brilliant :D

With work patterns being how they are alot of our walks have been on streets not the usual woods or heath area where it's generally quiet.

Yesterday and this morning we have been out walking during times of heavy traffic. Marley and Bandit have been fine but Gizmo started to walk right behind me for a few seconds and touch the back of me leg with his nose :huh: He has never done that before and since yesterday has been doing it really frequently, almost constantly when there is alot of traffic coming past.

Jamie's sisters dog Rudy, English Bull Terrier, is rather insecure and when he is on lead he will keep nudging into your leg. Accoring to the rescue organisation who they adopted him from, he does it when he is feeling insecure and wants you to tell him if everything is ok (or something like that anyway)

Could it be possible that Gizmo could be doing this for the same reason? Or could it be that he is simply nudging me as if to say "Move faster"? What do you think?

Thanks xx

Awww poor Giz, maybe something has spooked him and now he is a bit warey i.e a car horn sounded and caught him by surprise, i hope it is all about wanting you to walk faster:D im sure he will be ok, our friends Malamute is like that when walking near traffic but that is only because she is not use to it, she is use to going straight into a car and taken to the park so walking near roads is very nervy for her...

Just keep reassuring him when walking pat him on the back and tell him its ok, would say do a little jog saying come on Giz in a fun way but with 3 of em you would prob go flying...lol

Good luck Amy.....

Awww poor Giz, maybe something has spooked him and now he is a bit warey i.e a car horn sounded and caught him by surprise,

could be. Not had any car horns startle him but he's always been warey of lorries and likes to go to the inside of the path but this was different to his normal. Normally he will cower down when a lorry goes past which he still did but when he went behind me it was like he was just walking normally but a little slower. In a way it was great as he wasn't pulling but when he was nudging me on the back of my leg it got me concerned.

i hope it is all about wanting you to walk faster:D

Thanks, I walk fast enough already, any faster and I'll be running lol :rolleyes:

im sure he will be ok, our friends Malamute is like that when walking near traffic but that is only because she is not use to it, she is use to going straight into a car and taken to the park so walking near roads is very nervy for her...

We have walked in traffic before but not heavy traffic which is why I was wondering if that could have made him nervous

Just keep reassuring him when walking pat him on the back and tell him its ok, would say do a little jog saying come on Giz in a fun way but with 3 of em you would prob go flying...lol

Good luck Amy.....

I could try joggin with him but with 3 I wouldn't be jogging.....I'd be sliding on me @rse lol

At the moment when he goes and nudges my leg I put a littlepressure on the lead to pull him back to the side and he will walk at my side for a bit then go back behind me. My worry about reassuring him is if he is doing it for attention/being a bossey bum (as he can be on regular occasions!) I could end up rewarding a behaviour I don't want.

Would be too hard to know what it is without seeing the behaviour, it could be a range of things, but if it's happening only when traffic is going by it could be nervousness.

It's since we walked yesterday in the heavy traffic he has been doing it, thats when it started and he's been doing when there is no traffic and also in heavy traffic

It's since we walked yesterday in the heavy traffic he has been doing it, thats when it started and he's been doing when there is no traffic and also in heavy traffic

What's the rest of his body language like? is his tail wagging, is it up, is it down? Is his head down as he nudges you? Does he slow down at all?

What's the rest of his body language like? is his tail wagging, is it up, is it down? Is his head down as he nudges you? Does he slow down at all?

His head is upright with his ears down and his tail is almost not quite level with his body but not quite upright and stiff. He slows down to get behind me but thats all.