My mom wanted me to ask

My mom has 2 dogs her self. American Eskimo and Australian Shepard. Australian Shepards are known for herding, and that's what Angel does. She herds us and Trinity. Kissuna loves to bug them. Sometimes they play along and sometimes they continuously give warning barks. But lately when Kissuna picks on Angel especially, he's started doing something new. He'll nip at her and then quickly turn around and shove his hind legs and tail into her. I've seen other dogs do this before, but never really thought about why. She's wondering if he's picking up herding behavior from Angel. But I'm thinking that it's kind of a dominant thing. Like, "I can pick on you and nip at you but you can't warn me any more".

Angel seems to have established herself as the dominant one. We thought it would be Trinity, but he isn't acting dominant at all. Or if it's kinda like a mating type thing. But that would make more since if he were female and was kinda offering himself.

Does/has your husky done this? Any idea why?

Also, I'm concerned about how they get along. I know that he's a puppy and just wants to play. But we're worried about them getting anxiety with him around when he's older and has mellowed out and it causing problems. A vet tech suggested we start walking them as a pack. And we do anywhere from day after day, to every other day, to every other 2 days. The rest of the time my mom stays in her room with her dogs while I'm with Kissu in the living room. And then I'll take Kissu to my room and let my mom have the living room. They do still see each other a little through out the day, though, when my mom comes out to get something to eat.

Any other tips so that we can work on it more?

i think you need to let the dogs be togeher normally!

they cant sort out dominance or play if they dont see each other

and your stresses could be passing through to them!!!

what you have described is norma husky play, its slighty rough but none of the dogs are being injured so its fine.

the hind leg bum swing technique is my dog darwins signature move lol

most dogs learn through play so just let them play

kelly

all my three do the bum swing thing , never really had a problem with it , it does seem to be a husky thing as they play with a bull trerrier who doesnt do it , amnd we are looking after eika today and she also does the bum swing lol, its quite funny watching all 4 of them running round the garden doing it to each other lol

Oh yeah I agree with the girls above.. its most deffinatly a play thing both mine do it, Nukka learnt it off a GSD she plays with and Shadow learnt it off Nukka so now they all go round swining their bums into each other.. its an invitation to play just like the play bow is so I really wouldnt worry about that... but like Kelly says I'd just allow them to be together and sort themselves out rather than keeping them all seperate. :)

It is normal to have a sominant dog in a pack, thats how the pack works. But they should only fight to a point were the less dominant dog submits.

Huskies in my experience (20 years) get confused with other dogs because they feel when you have shown who is boss the other dog should give up. But dogs of other breeds do not seem to understand this rule.