Scootering - are they compatible?

We want to start scootering with Ozzy & Micah next winter (2011), by that time they will be approx eighteen months old, but I was wondering if they are compatible. Ozzy (male) is stocky and is extremely strong whereas Micah (little lady) is about the same height but much leaner and is very fast. They love to run together with a lead coupler, but when pulling a scooter, would Ozzy & Micah's different strengths be a disadvantage or be detrimental to either of them in any way? Any help or suggestions will be appreciated.

Also, in the photo below, this is the type of terrain they would be running on. Is there anything we would need to do to their paws to cope with the stones? Seems a stupid question to ask, but I would like to be prepared before working them. Thanks

gallery_1365_344_114955.jpg

I don't think it would be detrimental at all hun.

I run Kimba and Kaiser on the scooter, Kimba is taller than Kaiser yet Kaiser is much faster than Kimba but they run perfectly together :)

With regards to the terrain, it looks fine - always check their pads before and after a run though - if they become sore, get something called mushers secret for their paws - works a treat :D