Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HuskyCouture

Dog Food Calculator

http://www.dogfoodadvisor.com/dog-feeding-tips/dog-food-calculator/

very helpful biggrin.gif someone on here, don't remember who, told me I should be feeding Embry 2 cups a day, 1 at each feeding time. According to this calculator, according to the brand I feed him it said to feed him like 3.8 cups a day, which is about what i was feeding him.

Wow, I just put in Zoya's ideal weight (50 lbs), her activity level, which is pretty high, so I chose highly active, and her food is 370kcal/cup which is virtually the same as 370 calories per cup. The calculator comes up with almost 5 cups per day. If I drop the activity level down to active, it comes up to about 3-1/2 cups per day. Zoya gets two cups per day and has for about a year and a half. Her weight has remained stable for the last year or so. The food she's on indicates 2-1/3 to 3 cups per day for her size and weight. Keep in mind, Huskies are more efficient than most breeds when it comes to gaining nutrients and expending energy, and this will vary even within the Husky breed.

Like the labels on the dog food bag, the calculator is a great tool. I personally think it will get you in the ball park, and with some dogs, it will be right on the money, but not will all dogs. It certainly will help for those who are trying to establish an amount to feed. Rep added. Great information.

Huh interesting says I should feed Kiana one cup lol but I give her a cup and a half twice a day sometimes and extra half cup if we've been out at the park or walking trails. Very neat calculator good find^_^

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.