EasyTether

Dunc

Plz dont look at this and think thats to techy for me its easy.....

We was not sure if this would work or not but when I got my new phone I was reading up on what it would and wouldn't do and came across thethering, whats that I hear you say well its conecting your phone to your laptop or any computer for that matter to your mobile phone and use the 3g connection from that like am doing right now. 1st thing to say about it its very slow well it is compaiered with my 20mb broadband at home but I can live with it :)

Why would you want to do this ?

If your like me on a contract with unlimated net access why not its better than paying £15 a month topup on my 3 dongle.

Can you do it any get away with it ?

We are not 100% sure but we cant see why not and I suppose at the end of the month when I get my bill I'll find out.

Do you fancy seeing if yours will do it below is the link you need to download Easy thether.

http://www.mobile-stream.com/easytether/android.html

If it works for you like it as for me plz come tell me on here.

Good luck with it :)

Marc you anything to add to this ?

• 7 months later...

just thought i would bump this, it is very useful (as long as you have unlimited data) and i use it for internet when i go away from home.

Since i have rooted my Android i have been using Barnacle, i simply plug my phone in via usb, and it pops up where my normally connection pops up, click connect and its done.

obviously not as quick as normal broadband, but it does the job.

There are lots of these apps about, like easytether, pdanet, barnacle....... etc.