renault world series 2010

Hi all, im not sure how many of you on here are motor sport fans, but on the week-end of 18 - 19 September 2010 there will be the renault world series at Silverstone.

Well the good thing is that the tickets are free, and you are able to get 4 tickets per household.

they have a camp site close to the track, but you have to book early because this fills up fast.

i cant remember how much the camp site is, but it not to much

here is the website to book your tickets - Renault World Series 2010

if some of you could make, it we could meet up over the weekend.............

YAY :D Can't WAIT for this was excellent last year - went with Steve, Sonic Sibe on here and had a great day - was my first experience of hearing and seeing an F1 car close up and WOW!! OMG i nearly wet myself I was sooooo excited laugh.gif

Steve and Marc thought I was totally nuts! Camping there this time though so going to take my tenna ladies with me :rofl:

I'll be there again this year, if only to get insulted by Sarah again and give her the opportunity to put up another Caption Competition picture of me.

This will be my fourth year and I must say it does get better every year.

Sarah, you sure about camping? Oh I suppose it means you can take a leisurely drive down and not get done for speeding again..........lol

Steve

I'll be there again this year, if only to get insulted by Sarah again and give her the opportunity to put up another Caption Competition picture of me.

This will be my fourth year and I must say it does get better every year.

Sarah, you sure about camping? Oh I suppose it means you can take a leisurely drive down and not get done for speeding again..........lol

Steve

laugh.gif so funny huh.gif

• 2 weeks later...

RWS is a great weekend, have booked my tickets already for this year.... if there's a meet going on, would be great to swap numbers and meet you guys properly :)

The F1 is also a brilliant weekend, though we enjoyed Friday and Saturday more than Sunday, you could walk round the circuit and see more of what was going on - Sunday was just sooo busy, it was get in, get to the seats, and stay there till the F1 race was done, we watched the classic race which came after then went home and watched the GP we'd recorded, so we could see all the exciting bits!

Off to Le Mans for the 24 hour race next week - that I can't wait for! It's been on my list of things to do for years, so I'm getting dead excited - finding a dogsitter for Mickey was a last minute job I hadn't expected tho... :D

RWS is a great weekend, have booked my tickets already for this year.... if there's a meet going on, would be great to swap numbers and meet you guys properly :)

The F1 is also a brilliant weekend, though we enjoyed Friday and Saturday more than Sunday, you could walk round the circuit and see more of what was going on - Sunday was just sooo busy, it was get in, get to the seats, and stay there till the F1 race was done, we watched the classic race which came after then went home and watched the GP we'd recorded, so we could see all the exciting bits!

Off to Le Mans for the 24 hour race next week - that I can't wait for! It's been on my list of things to do for years, so I'm getting dead excited - finding a dogsitter for Mickey was a last minute job I hadn't expected tho... :D

Hi you will enjoy yourself at LeMans, it is far better than GP racing. I have been 15 times but not the last couple of years due to things getting in the way. Take at least a Sleeping bag and some wet weather gear, most years red hot and sunny but occasionally it rains so be prepared, You can always sleep under a grandstand to keep dry. At night because most of the seats are empty sometimes you can bribe a marshell to let you sit in the stand. Nothing like watching pit stops at night. Used to be better when old pits were there because you could watch better them rebuild cars out in the open, now they put them in the garage so liumits view.I like to watch also the cars going through the essies at night. If you can get out of the circuit and go to mulsanne corner and Arnage but you will need to get transport to these, To far to walk because you cannot walk along circuit to these corners, But your ticket will get you in to these corners. Also would recommend you go up in big wheel during dat time and night because you can saee all the cicuit from the top. Don't drink to much beers and hot dogs with fries, also carry some small change because there are always people in the loos who expect you to tip them. Some of the loos away from the main areas can be very grotty so try to use ones near the grandstands. If you are tired in the morning get a coffee and coisont(the coffee is very thick)

So plenty of high factor sun cream and some wahing gear, I usually find a tap first thing in morning to refresh myself.

And watchout for huskies because unlike circuits here you are allowed to take your dog in. Every yera I have been I have seen huskies. Also I would recommend you take some binoculars to see into the pit garages. At the end of the race try and get on the circuit so you can join in the fun.

meesh