Biting out of aggression???

Ok guys our pup(13weeks) is getting the hint on not nipping. We are coming along there. HOWEVER....

She is going after my 10 month out of no where. It was every now and then she would "grab" him by the leg. I correct her every time. I have tried noise diversion, the ceaser method, crating, and redirecting over the last few weeks. about 4 days of each being consistent. It is just getting worse. It has gotten from every now and then... then to everyday... and today she got him twice and once in the face. Not to brake skin but enough to leave a mark and bruises. I never leave them unattened. It happens when my little guy is playing nicely by himself or watching cartoons across the room from "her area" (bed toys ect.) and will just run at him tail tucked and snap. Thankfully today i was litterly right there and grabbed her.... She also if he is in his playpen thing she will growl at him sometimes through the mesh walls.

Any ideas...

Help. if my hubby were home he would not allow me to keep her after today so please tell me this is something that can be corrected... I can't hold my son all day long.

If she's 13 weeks she's right in her first fear period. No one can say what this behaviour is related to without seeing her, but it sounds like she could be fearful. Any chance you could video her interacting with your son? Or does this happen every time they interact? Is there something he does that sets her off like looking at her or making a certain noise?

What do you mean when you say you've tried "the ceasar method"? If this is a fear based behaviour, correcting her could actually be exacerbating it. I strongly advise that you bring a professional in to assess the situation.

Why does she have access to your son when he is on the floor etc? I would be keeping them separated until you know what is driving the behaviour and how to fix it.

Small babies and children can be scary for puppies, because they often can make sudden movements, squeal or make loud noise, they are at the dog's eye level so they can unintentionally stare at them etc. Where did you get your puppy from?

Great adive Bec When we got Shura she went through a faze like that and we had to keep telling my bf little brother not to go on the floor she shes out. We still do it now 1yr 5 month we have set times for them to play. For example Shura and Lolas play time is 9 am till 11:30 then they go for a nap or out in the garden and little one has a play until 2.30pm ish and we do it so on like that. When shura is out and little ones on the setee they get on fine. x Hope you get it sorted xx

I am going to start by saying its late here so sorry for my typos.

It only happens randomly. I can't notice anything different from his normal actions except it is when he is doing nothing just sitting playing not crawling or walking.

Yes that is the method I was doing but i have since stopped after reading more into it.

She has access to him on the floor because if not I would have to kennel or put him in the play pen the whole day. We all spend the whole day in the family room.

She came from a breeder here in Hawaii.

This will sound silly but it worked with Chewy when he got a bit too obnoxious with my daughter.

I had literally exhausted everything I knew.

He would run up and grab at fingers hands, feet, legs, and just bark and be a complete menace.

One day I finally managed to get my point across though.

You may have to get "mama dog" on the puppy.

All I did was get up, take big steps toward him and stand between him and my daughter, then tell him

no and growl loud at him. When he backed off I stayed where I was and told him to sit. If he refused I

would then take big steps toward him until he backed off more and sat down. The trick is to make your

self look big and back them off , so they know they wont get away with messing with the baby. I only

had to do this about 5 times before he completely stopped harassing my daughter. The thing is though

that you cannot back off until the dog does what you say. It will be helpful to block your dog if she decides

to try and go around you. It is a pain in the tush, but if you really commit to backing them off then they get

the idea real quick.

I am going to start by saying its late here so sorry for my typos.

It only happens randomly. I can't notice anything different from his normal actions except it is when he is doing nothing just sitting playing not crawling or walking.

Yes that is the method I was doing but i have since stopped after reading more into it.

She has access to him on the floor because if not I would have to kennel or put him in the play pen the whole day. We all spend the whole day in the family room.

You might need to get creative then because she is biting your son on the face and you need to do everything you can to prevent it. Put her on a light long line when you have her in the house so when she goes to go to your son, you can reel her back and reward her for coming to you instead.

Will she approach your son normally or can she sit next to him comfortably, or is she always scared of him?