White G Shepherd / Husky Mix... Anyone?

Hello everyone.

It is such a long story how this has come about, but I now own a 14-week-old White Shepherd / Husky mix pup. His mom is the WGSD.

I know her well and although I don't own her, she has lived with me at times - and does now. (Son owns her) Just wondering if anyone here owns a mix of these breeds.

So far (I've had him a month) he behaves more like his mother. Wondering what the Husky influence may end up being...

His physical appearance is almost a duplicate of his mom's, too, other than his snout is a bit shorter. Everything else is the same.

Just wondering if anyone has this mix and any info you can offer.

Just now, kevinbrian said:

Hello everyone.

It is such a long story how this has come about, but I now own a 14-week-old White Shepherd / Husky mix pup. His mom is the WGSD.

I know her well and although I don't own her, she has lived with me at times - and does now. (Son owns her) Just wondering if anyone here owns a mix of these breeds.

So far (I've had him a month) he behaves more like his mother. Wondering what the Husky influence may end up being...

His physical appearance is almost a duplicate of his mom's, too, other than his snout is a bit shorter. Everything else is the same.

Just wondering if anyone has this mix and any info you can offer with husky white shepherd mix.

thanks in advance for any help

Robke is right - its a lottery as to which traits your pup will get   -  almost bound to get 2 of them though  ........................  recall almost certainly to be a problem - then again you have the selective deafness, stubbornness, wilfulness, the "what's in it for me, if I do what you want" attitude,  the  "I don't want to do that" attitude,  then there is the fact your pup will outwit you at least once a week, will become an escape artist par-excellence, ect ......  not to mention my favourite  - if he is anything like Marley  - the arguments he will have with you  -  e.g. I want him to do something  - he does not want to and tells me why,  I argue my case - he responds with his reasoning  -  this usually goes on for around 3-4 minutes before I give in and do what he wants instead  (in around 5 out of 10 times).

Perm any two from the above.

If you are lucky your pup will get more of the traits, - its just one of the reasons that makes them such fantastic dogs and companions.    Respect the fact that self determination has been bred into them over hundreds/thousands of years, - they have opinions - and are not shy in letting you know them.   I envy you.