Husky Mix oversized? Wisdom DNA included

jjwalton04

Hello all, Here i have Ohana which is my 20 week old Husky mix. Currently i weighed and measured her height yesterday and she’s already 18 inches to the withers and 43LBS… everywhere i search up online tells me shes overheight and over weight unless shes mixed with Malamute. When i first purchased her at 11 weeks she was already 18.2 LBS. She eats a raw diet and i use feeding calculators. We take 2 25 minute walks per day so i dont think shes overweight. Any ideas? Ill attach her Wisdom Panel results so the DNA can be seen. Her mom was a boxer/pit/GSD/herding mix. Dad was a full bred Siberian Husky, both were 62Lbs. I can attach pictures of both parents aswell.

here are photos of the mother (GSD/BOXER/AMERICAN STAFFORDSHIRE TERRIER) and the dad (100% Siberian Husky). Ive also gone ahead and attached the wisdom dna results as well.Any ideas on what the Breed group may be? (Possibilities are Chow Chow, Shar Pei, Malamute, Husky, GSD, Australian cattle dog, Great Pyrnesse or Border collie) Since ohana is so large im thinking that she might be 12.5% Malamute or maybe its just more German shepherd, which would make her 25% GSD. Any ideas would help, for ive been searching at it for a while! Also here’s a video of Ohana for better reference compared to a small 12lb dog, it includes side angles and etc.

EDIT: As reiteration for my question, I'm simply attempting to see three things, if shes possibly overweight, if shes possibly overheight, and any possible thoughts on what the 5th breed may be (not because I don't love my dog, yet I feel like the GSD in her may be the reason for her size and partially her looks. the best place to figure it out is a Husky forum!) 

Also the only reason i brought up dna is because i want to see if people who owned and own a female GSD puppy have comparable weight and height scales. and also to see if you guys think shes a Mal mix too or just 25% GSD instead, Im curious because everyone we meet think shes a german shepherd (I also believe that she reminds me of a straight back GSD a little, especially with her ears) so ive evolved into calling her a german shepherd/husky mix

7V20p7m.jpeg

75R4smI.jpeg

DOPXbay.jpeg

EivbvqT.jpeg

fEoKJLw.jpeg

I8bPrxE.jpeg

NDXVRCM.jpeg

Qdv8X2R.jpeg

zMBqqLb.jpeg

Edited by jjwalton04
Message wasnt clear

There is certainly German Shepherd and a little pit I think  - but you already know from the dna what genes she has  -  does it really matter?   Sorry but I never understand why people need to know what percentages of what dog there is in a mixed breed puppy.    Love her for who she is.  There is a healthy mix of different dogs/breeds in her that she should have no undesirable genes   (unlike my 100% husky).     You have a happy healthy pup who appears to be really enjoying life.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wolfpup said:

There is certainly German Shepherd and a little pit I think  - but you already know from the dna what genes she has  -  does it really matter?   Sorry but I never understand why people need to know what percentages of what dog there is in a mixed breed puppy.    Love her for who she is.  There is a healthy mix of different dogs/breeds in her that she should have no undesirable genes   (unlike my 100% husky).     You have a happy healthy pup who appears to be really enjoying life.

Hey, thanks for replying to my question. I do love her for who she is (otherwise i wouldnt have chosen her! Lol) My reasoning for looking into it is simply because i know that female huskies arent really ever this big as pups... Nor this tall. I wanted second opinions on if this was normal for her mix of breeds. not really asking what breed she is, we know the results but i was wondering if maybe the unknown 12.5% was attributing to her large size gains. and what other people may think the unknown breed percentage is. Its always fun just figuring out more about your fur balls, im not looking for flaws or anything! I apologize that my message wasnt clear enough and ive updated my post to reflect that. Ive also attached the DNA results since it seems i forgot them

Screenshot 2022-08-16 041820.png

Thank you for the clarification   -  its not unusual for me to get the wrong end of the stick either.     The mother  looks as if she carries genes for a large dog and her head is, to me, reminicient of a great dane in shape  (although she obviously isn't).    The genes a pup gets is totally random depending on which sperm fertilized the egg   (it really is that random).    Your pup could have inherited a recessive gene from one of his   great  or   great-great grandparents.    Any one of which could have been a bigger dog.     

Someone else contacted us around 6 months ago about his pup being so much bigger than his litter mates  - he looked full Malamute against his husky siblings  (6 of them I think)  he was easily double the size of any of his brothers and sisters  -  that again must have been a recessive gene.

Mutations crop up from time to time  - its what has allowed dogs to become so varied.    

I am sorry I have been no help whatsoever.

1 hour ago, wolfpup said:

Thank you for the clarification   -  its not unusual for me to get the wrong end of the stick either.     The mother  looks as if she carries genes for a large dog and her head is, to me, reminicient of a great dane in shape  (although she obviously isn't).    The genes a pup gets is totally random depending on which sperm fertilized the egg   (it really is that random).    Your pup could have inherited a recessive gene from one of his   great  or   great-great grandparents.    Any one of which could have been a bigger dog.     

Someone else contacted us around 6 months ago about his pup being so much bigger than his litter mates  - he looked full Malamute against his husky siblings  (6 of them I think)  he was easily double the size of any of his brothers and sisters  -  that again must have been a recessive gene.

Mutations crop up from time to time  - its what has allowed dogs to become so varied.    

I am sorry I have been no help whatsoever.

Nah bro youre good, the second answer really answered a lot of the questions i was wondering. The moms previous litter wasnt as big whatsoever and like you said, the rest of her littermates were around 10-15 lbs and she came out to be 18lbs on adoption day. Also like you said she reminds me of a GSD , yet with the body of a husky and build of a pit/boxer. I guess she inherited some genes from her grandparents or great great grandparents. The mom is such a mutt that honestly its a toss up on what genes ohana got from her. I guess i got the genetic wonder! thank you so much for  your answer, and for schooling me on genetics!