Husky? Or Malamute?

AngelEva

Hi there! Im in a bit of a breed pickle and thought Id get some opinions.

So back in May my BF bought a 2 month old Husky puppy. *Supposedly* purebred Siberian and can be papered (but wasnt due to covid, also from what I know, not a super reputable breeder, idk). By 2 mo he was already really big, but didnt think much of it.

As he got older, he got bigger. A lot bigger. Family and friends joked about us feeding him stereoids, and another asked if he was Malamute since at 9 months he not only dwarfed their 4 year old male Husky but also has a very different texture in coat.

I started getting curious and decided to do some research.

He just turned 11 months old and he is already 77lbs. He is not fat by any means.

Huskies should only be in the 50-55lb range whenever I looked this up. His other physical traits such as personality, head, ear, tail and paw features also shout Malamute. But what is throwing me off that he is just a big Husky (or maybe he really is Malamute but with a mutation??) Is his light blue/grey eyes!! Which Malamutes dont have.

I have bought a dna test and the samples have been sent in and waiting on results. I dont care if he is either, Im just stunned at how big he is at his age for supposedly being a Husky and wanted to get some other opinions or thoughts by other Husky owners :)

Whiskey (right) at just turned 10 months next to my 4 year old Husky mix, Jerome 

20210119_105230.jpg

Archived