1yr old pup and 19 month old kid

LokiLuv

Sooo my husband and I are new to the husky game. We don’t know anything about our pup because he just showed up one day in our backyard in Texas. He is chipped and we called and text the numbers with no reply. A month goes by and we’re like yup he’s ours. He’s a great dog. He was suuuuper skinny when he showed up so he must have been on the streets for a bit. He got a long really well with our 3yr old daughter (she even started having less anger issues).

Fast forward to now - we’ve moved to Colorado in a bigger apartment but no longer with a back yard. Loki has free range of the apartment most of the time. Since the move he’s become aggressive towards our 19month old son. He snarls at him and snaps and has even bitten him (no blood drawn).

We've noticed he doesn’t seem to get along with other male dogs also but does ok with females.

Any advice on how we can get him to stop this behavior towards our son??? We REALLY want to keep him but it’s to the point where I don’t want to leave the room if they’re in there together.

Sounds to me he is bored....and your son is in his eyes getting more attention then he is ... maybe do some mental training with the dog gets them really tired as well...

remember in you other place you had a yard where more then likely he could run around in and release his energy....

I’m going to YouTube the mental training. I keep reading about it in other people’s posts.

i also want to start trying to teach him tricks. I’ve tried buying him toys but so far he’s not liking any of them. He’ll chase a soccer ball and tackle it a couple times but the end lol

He goes on 3-4 40 minute walks every day and I sprint run with him up hill on the way back at night. Unfortunately most of the dog parks around us are usually super busy so he can’t run around there much.

But yeah - mental training - I’ll start watching some videos now. Thnx!!

There’s been a few times that I’ve caught the kiddo trying to lay on the dog but now if he even tries to just hug the dog he freaks out.

They used to be just fine with each other but then it was a total 180. I’m just hoping that things will get better as they both get older. Plus training

the pic is from when he first showed up

EEA52243-5DEC-4221-AFD0-098499D31F34.jpeg

Archived