skittish puppy

McNaughtan

I have a 12 week old puppy we brought him home at 9 weeks old  and he has been absolutely terrified of my husband the second he saw him! We have tried everything behaviorists have told us to do and it just isnt working. He used to pee when my husband would step towards him at all or look at him or even try to pet him. And he isnt doing that anymore but he will crawl away from my husband who has been nothing but loving we have even made sure that I am the one who disciplines him in any way when teaching potty training or not to nip at us. I am at a loss please help! We love him so much but we have a baby on the way and we need to know that he will be ok with either of us.

Time and patience, it might help the pup to bond with your hubby if he walks him and as above with feeding him. Good luck. Just to let you know, if you don’t already, that the walks are 5 mins per month of age, so at 12 weeks he can walk for 15 mins maybe 2-3 times per day, good luck!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived