Flea, tick prevention

baby1019

Hello everyone!

I have a question regarding flea/tick prevention. I was curious as to what you all use for such. Topical, pill, collar? Right now my pup is only 5 1/2 months and obviously still growing. But I’m not sure what to use. She’s so fluffy and it’s very difficult to apply the topical. But with the collar and pill, she could grow out of the coverage since shes just a pup (which i guess she could do the same with the topical). I’m just not sure what’s the best way to go and what brands. I’ve found quite a few that are fairly cheap but wonder if they work as well as others. I want her to have something obviously. Just trying to figure out what’s best. Thanks in advance!!

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Hi  -  all topical flea applications readily available are neurotoxins.    They work by interferring with the flea's ability to function  (movement, feeding etc)  -  this neurotoxin also affects your pup's system - and has been responsible for some dogs developing epilepsy.  The same goes for pills   -  if you think about it  - they must be some sort of poison or they would not kill the fleas  .............  and this is not supposed to also poison your dog's blood???  I believe it is better to go down the natural route.

I use a product called Billy No Mates  -  it is purely herbs  - been using it for a couple of years with no side effects  ............. and no fleas.    I use this because it is guaranteed safe for dogs with epilepsy and one of my dogs has epilepsy.   Just put a teaspoon of the herbs in with their breakfast.     It is also suitable for cats  ............. although my cat wont eat it  (fussy little tyke).   Here in the UK there is also a product called    Flea Away  -   www.mange.org.uk   -  again safe for dogs with epilepsy.    It is used not only as a 'drop on', but diluted can be used as a spray and also for bedding/furniture etc.    It is also used to control fleas in the wild population of foxes etc.    Again this is a totally natural product - no neurotoxins.

Archived