New secure fields found near Lytham St Annes

wolfpup

I am going to check out a new secure dog field  around half an hour from me called Lytham dog fields (what it is called on Facebook) -  its a farm   - has several fields   - but also has one with 6ft fencing  and also an indoor area for when the weather is bad.    Both are secure for houdini huskies according to the owner.   The indoor area looks like a horse training arena.   Charge for sole use is  £6 for half an hour or £10 per hour.

If OK will be going with our dog trainer to work on recall with both dogs  -  after they have had half an hour to run themselves silly.   Will let you know what it is like in case anyone is around this area.

I went to the farm a few days ago   - and am going back with my dog trainer and both dogs on Thursday at 10am  for an off lead run and then recall training.    The outside field I saw with the highest fences is about the size of 2 - 3 tennis courts  -  surrounding the field are 6ft x 11ft temporary builders panels  (I have the same in my garden)  -  however theirs are dug into the earth  -  so the height is more like 5ft 6" - 5ft 8"  -  whereas mine are on blocks which take them to around 6ft 6".    However most of the fences have trees and thicket behind them  - only a couple of small areas are bare  (just fences).

The indoor area is actually a very large polytunnel  I estimated around 80ft x 30ft  give or take a bit (did not pace it out).    Both ends can be completely shut   -  either with about a 5 foot gate  - or the tops can be bought in to completely enclose the area  (have asked for it to be completely enclosed for Thursday)   Most of the ground is hard dirt  -  however she is in the process of getting it astroturfed  in small sections over time.   There are also two old chairs in this section  (for which I am thankful).

The facebook page is Lytham dog field  -  the large picture at the top is one of the other fields   -  not recommended for huskies  as the fencing is not high enough - certainly not for my houndinies.     It is close to Wrea Green  in south Lytham.

Very nice lady who runs it  - she spent time with me showing me round  -  I only learned later that the reason she was saying goodbye to so many relatives was that it was her father's funeral the day before.

So for anyone living fairly close  or for those visiting the area this is a good place for off lead exercise  -  I will be booking a couple of sessions a month to give the boys a place to run off some steam.

Archived