Treats for puppies

booned

IMG-20180528-WA0011.thumb.jpg.12f1e1a3c21086d8125872fa0de67dea.jpg

Hi, new member I am getting my first husky on Thursday and am really excited for the challenge! She is a 3 month old rescue that has not had the best of starts and has developed a scavenger mentality in her short life. She goes through bins and will hound you if you have food (this is what the dogs trust have told us).

I am however curious about treats, more specifically what treats are appropriate for a 3 month old pooch. I want something she can enjoy for a prolonged period of time as a distraction whilst I prepare food, but a lot of the bones on offer are not suitable for babies. I also read somewhere that raw hide is a no-no. I've ordered some deer antlers that say they are okay for puppies and a teething toy that I can fill with smaller treats but I just want to have more options. Does anyone have any ideas?

When mine was a pup I used to make ice cubes in a tray and put something like banana in it, you could give her her the tray to try and get the ice cubes out and if she’s teething her adult teeth ice cubes are here at for that too

A Kong stuffed with palm oil free peanut butter is a good one too (palm oil is poisonous to dogs) I use Meridian for mine :)

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived