2 months old husky

Aldrich

Im starting to train my 2 months old puppy. I watched lots of videos on youtube on how to train some basic training for my puppy. Im trying to teach my puppy to sit, but he is so hyper I'm doing to him what I saw on the videos in youtube but it looks like not effective. We are doing the sit training, summing up of 2 hours, is there any tips you can provide to help me to teach my puppy to sit. It looks like he always want to play and not to learn😔

Im starting to train my 2 months old puppy. I watched lots of videos on youtube on how to train some basic training for my puppy. Im trying to teach my puppy to sit, but he is so hyper I'm doing to him what I saw on the videos in youtube but it looks like not effective. We are doing the sit training, summing up of 2 hours, is there any tips you can provide to help me to teach my puppy to sit. It looks like he always want to play and not to learn[emoji17]

Well done for starting. As Rob says - short periods & at home on 1:1 keep to five- seven minutes max. A few times a day. Dont forget play time too.

Have a look at www.successdogs.com too. There's a free e-book on it but worth getting more info. I trained my two off this to go dryland rig running (mushing) but also good disciplines indoors with bed, sit, down, wait, paw, high five, say Please (wuff!) & stay. Here's the 'Bed, Down & Wait' followed after two and a half minutes, with a (silent) countdown and up to three minutes wait before heading for their bowls. [emoji847]

Start at the beginning on the website in gaining that 'focus' first ... ie Lure, Capture, Reward.

Positive reward training only. [emoji5]

You can find videos on their fb page (Chester and Eski Cottee) with training I've done & do.. I can't load videos on here for some reason. [emoji848]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

HERE ARE 10 BASIC TIPS:
1) Training: Brief training sessions no more than 10 minutes each, 1-2 times a day. I would use small training treats since he's so young to get his attention more.
2) Name: It's very important that your puppy "learns his name." When trying to get him to sit, shake or do any trick, always say his name "first" before saying the command.
3) Come: Work on the command "come." I don't know if you have a fenced in yard/garden, but "come" is a hard one to learn because they don't always want too. (Mine ignore me so I have to bribe them to come LOL!!)
4) Leash/Harness: When outside in an unsecured area with no fence, always have your puppy on a leash & harness at all times.
5) Walking: You can take him on very short walks. The forum states you should only walk your puppy no more than ("5 minutes per every month of age.") So you can walk your 8-week puppy for 10 minutes a few times a day. At 3 months old, walks should be only 15 minutes, etc.
6) Feeding: Feed your growing puppy lots of dog food (medium to large breed puppy food), which should state feeding instructions on back of food bag. Don't forget to get your puppy some high reward treats like small milk bones, etc. If you are feeding raw food, others here have awesome advice regarding types of raw foods, etc.
7) Potty Training: Take puppy out to potty every 30 minutes. When inside, if he starts sniffy the carpet or floor, grab his leash and take him out to potty. Otherwise, he'll look for that perfect place to go potty LOL. Remember, accidents do happen and that's alright and to be expected...no scolding because he's learning.
8) Shots: Keep him up to date on his puppy shots.
9) Toys: You can buy some chew toys and a Kong. Kongs stuffed with frozen peanut butter or mini-milk bones are great for mental stimulation, which helps release some of that high energy!! He'll start teething at about 4 months, so he'll need some good chew toys to teeth on as well.
10) Love: I know you'll give your gorgeous puppy lots of love & attention. You can brush him to increase bonding with you two. Play with him & his toys.
REMEMBER THESE 4 THINGS:
~Mental Stimulation
~Physical Stimulation
~Communication
~Love & Affection
You're doing an awesome job!!
[emoji847][emoji191][emoji252][emoji171]

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Husky Owners mobile app

13 hours ago, Maz51 said:

Well done for starting.

As Rob says - short periods & at home on 1:1 keep to five- seven minutes max. A few times a day. Dont forget play time too.

Have a look at www.successdogs.com too. There's a free e-book on it but worth getting more info. I trainedxmy two off this to go dryland rig running (mushing) but alsi goid dusciplines indoors with bed, sit, down, wait, paw, high five, say Please (wuff!) & stay. Here's the 'Bed, Down & Wait' followed after two and a half minutes, with a (silent) countdown and up to three minutes wait before heading for their bowls. emoji847.png

Start at the beginning on the website in gaining that 'focus' first ... ie Lure, Capture, Reward.

Positive reward training only. emoji5.png

You can find videos on their fb page (Chester and Eski Cottee) with training I've done & do.. I can't load videos on here for some reason. emoji848.png

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Is the kind of treat is a big factor to teach a puppy?:D seems like my puppy just want to eat it but not getting the *craving* factor on that treat lol

The idea is to work out what your dog regards as a high value treat  -  for some its a bit of cooked liver, for others it might be a bit of cheese, - however one thing I found that worked with my pup was tinned hot  dog sausages  - cut into very tiny bits  -  one sausage cut into about 50 bits.

10 minutes ago, wolfpup said:

The idea is to work out what your dog regards as a high value treat  -  for some its a bit of cooked liver, for others it might be a bit of cheese, - however one thing I found that worked with my pup was tinned hot  dog sausages  - cut into very tiny bits  -  one sausage cut into about 50 bits.

What can you suggest for me, when I am traiing my dog suddenly he will become so hyper that he will accidentally bite my fingers. He charge the treat in my fingers.:(

I’m not sure if this will help but if you will you will you use his kibble and Just continue to go over his head and he will sit. Just do this consistently for about 5 min a day, I like clicker training my two guys really like it and know that it’s “treat” time when they hear it.

You could also show a tiny bit of the treat in your fingers so he has to be gentle with his mouth and nibble at it, say ‘nicely’ or another word you choose, as he takes the treat.Do this every time and he’ll learn that ‘nicely’ means he has to be gentle, they learn quickly and praise when him when he gets it right. It worked for my 2, good luck [emoji3]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived