Puppy behaviour

Onceuponadime

My male puppy is 14 weeks old. I have other dogs which are older than him and they tend to ignore him mainly rather than play.  He plays pretty rough but I've noticed now he stands over the top of them, literally sitting on top of them. Is this a dominance thing. Foe example he want to sit on the sofa where they are they bark at him so he dives on and literally stands over the top of them. If one of them barks at him he stands on top of him. I would not of thought a dog would display dominance at such a young age he is not playing. 

That's about the right age they start trying out the dominance stage. Some times, our doggies can solve their own problems. But, if things get out of hand with your pup, just gently pick him up and move him and say "no no." You may have to do this frequently. Just remember, your pup is a Husky and probably wanting to lead your pack!!
[emoji847][emoji171][emoji252][emoji191]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

P.S. Plus, they are all still adjusting to each other and learning each of their personalities, body language, all figuring out their doggie (pack) family. It may take a few months or longer for adjusting.
Your other dogs also have to learn & figure out that their new sibling, a Husky, is quite different with the howling, woo woos, etc. Give it time and thing positive!![emoji6][emoji4]

Oops! "Think" positive!![emoji23]

When we first got Bear, we had a little old staffy lady and she would often stand over Bear to make a point but she would also look out for her too.

As a pack expands they try to work out ‘who’s who’ in the pack. You get some who are quite bossy, some who are submissive and don’t care who’s in charge, then there are some that like to test the boundaries from time to time to see if anything’s changed within the pack.

Sometimes it can be aggressive but other times it can often be done through play.

I’ve always struggled to work out who’s in charge among my dogs. Bear and Ice are on pretty equal standing but Bear I suspect has a slight edge. If she gets up and goes somewhere then both of my others will follow. If she wants something, the others will stand back and let her. They basically treat her as if she’s the centre of their universe and bless her, she appears to be oblivious to it all. She’s just happily plodding along in her own little world.

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived