Hi all, 

I’m new to the Husky Owner party! I’ve revently adopted a 5 year old male Husky, Zero.. he’s beautiful and such a good boy! However, he’s recently been separated from a staffy bitch with whom he lived with for 2 years. I’m not sure if the symptoms are coincidental or circumstancual so I’ll just give the symptoms and hope you guys can help: 

- been off his food for past week or so

-runny nose (clear) 

-infrequent sneezing (mainly when we arrive home or before Walkies)

.. we’ve been given such mixed advice that I’m at a bit of a loss, so any help is much welcomed :)) 

TIA 

Gen x 

Welcome to husky owners [emoji2]
The off the food thing is normal if you can get him to eat even a little bit of treats he should be fine.
The runny nose and sneezing. One of my girls sneezes if she is around too much of her hair. Just make sure the hair in the house is picked up. The runny nose could be for the same reason.
You could take him to the vet to make sure.
Along as he is happy and acting normal I wouldn't worry to much on the food.

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Hi Markie 👋🏻 

thank you for your reply :)

I’ve taken him to the vets and the response was “it’s a husky thing” how true that is, I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♀️ 

He seems ok in himself, still a bit unsure of us at times, but it has only been 5 weeks so I guess that’s normal?? 

The sneezing has been less since we’ve had him groomed so I think that is down to excess fluff around, it’s the not eating and runny nose I’m a bit more concerned about. However, I spos if the vet isn’t concerned I shouldn’t be?? 

X

That's a very true statement. The runny nose could be from his hair also. The eating just relax it's normal for huskies especially if it's cold it's like their bodies are reserving the food for later.

It's normal for huskies to settled in with there new family especially when they are older about two weeks to a month he should settle down. [emoji2]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Hi and welcome
It can take a good few months for a rescue to settle in a new home as long as the vet is happy with him I wouldnt worry, just keep an eye on him and give him time [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Like mentioned he will take a while to settle and huskies are pack dogs generally so being separated from his staffy friend could cause some upset at first. Also huskies can be fussy eaters (not all are though).

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

Archived