2 huskies better than 1?

sjaeshin

We own a small, feisty female husky, who lives indoors with us. She's extremely well behaved at home, but of course loves outdoors and other dogs A LOT and gets hyper when we leave the house for a walk. I am home all the time but I notice she is always bored at home when I am working and she definitely needs a companion. We are thinking of getting a male husky companion for her since she loves to doggy wrestle/rough-house. Since they will be indoor dogs (and we give our current dog plenty of exercise--which is why she's well behaved indoors) do you think they will spend time playing together if we have to leave? My current dog never destroys the house when we're gone, but if we got another, do you think this dog would be pre-occupied with our current dog so as to avoid destroying/chewing anything at home? We definitely don't plan to leave our huskies unattended very often or for long periods of time. I figure they will get rid of a lot of energy by just having each other, in combo with us exercising them all the time. Does anyone know? Not many people I know have 2 huskies that are indoor dogs. Most people have multiple huskies that live outdoors mostly.

Like I mentioned, even though our husky is an apt. husky, we take her for so many walks, runs, hikes, dog parks, she's okay indoors. I'm wondering what it will be like to have 2 huskies indoors and what they tend to do together when people aren't home...

whiren i got Odin he was so hyper wanting to plat all the time so when he was 13 month old we got a 2nd sib and then a 3rd they are free in the house not crated, they keep each other company and play all the time, we do get the mad half hour where they run round like loons but this i find funny to watch them.

we have never had any thing destroyed in the house so far and as your at home all the time i think you will be fine.

The best thing i ever did was get my boy a plat mate.

The only thing i would say is are you planning on getting them both or one done or it could be a night mare when she is in sesson ??

Oh, that's really good to know. My dog is already fixed, and we are hoping to adopt a male husky that is already fixed as well. Thanks for your response. Do you leave your dogs at home alone?

If so, what do you think they do while your gone? Just play together? I work one day a week and would have to leave them home for that day.

The last two i got are rehomes yes we both work so dogs can be up to 8 hours alone they are not crated, they have the kitchen, dinningroom, hall to play in, we have had no problems as yet fingers crossed.

So i think they would be fine for the day you are at work, i would say though plan to be at home at least for the first week so you can see if the dogs are getting on well and you will know if you can trust them alone or if you need crates good luck keep us posted xxxx

ive got 2 dogs (only 1 husky - for now lol) and they r both indoors n if we get another 1 that will b indoors too, our boys are only left on their own for a few hours at a time (which is only like once a week) but when they r left alone they r great good thing is our older dog kept our pup in place when we got him if he was doing something naughty bings would bark at him and tell him off :D

smile.gif ok getting another dog doesn't always solve the problem a siberian husky needs alot of exercise befor been left within four walls fact

your dog needs physical and sychological stimulation or it will drive your dog mad because of the breed husky has a lot of energy and you need to use that energy or all that energy will be released within four walls that can lead to destruction so getting another dog is good for social skills but will not solve how hyperactive your husky is deffinate fact.

ok.