Puppy mouthing/biting in anger

robinthatcher

Ok so Chase is 10 months now. All in all he is a typical Husky. He play mouths and barks as answering back. Adolescence has hit hard.

However the other day at day care he was being pulled away from another dog and he bit the girl, now he didn't draw blood he bruised her but this is not acceptable and not the first time he has reacted like that in frustration/anger. I need to know what is best to say when i am not around. I have put a check collar on him now so they don't need to put hands near him but i was wondering if anyone else experienced anything similar?

Chase seems to react badly out of frustration especially if tired or grumpy but i cannot excuse this and will not have it. He nearly got kicked out of daycare because of it until i agreed to get him neutered later in the month.

Thanks

Not sure neutering will change his behaviour
Did the girl grab him by the collar, if he wasn't expecting it he was probably taken by surprise and thought he needed to defend himself?

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners

I would also recommend getting a behaviourist in to help you and nip this in the bud

50 minutes ago, Jo said:

Not sure neutering will change his behaviour
Did the girl grab him by the collar, if he wasn't expecting it he was probably taken by surprise and thought he needed to defend himself?

I would also recommend getting a behaviourist in to help you and nip this in the bud

I may take the advice on the behaviorist, as i am looking at a couple now.

Now she told him no when he was trying to get to another dog so went to move him and he turned on her. He does this and he does it out of frustration, he has done it before and it is because he is being stubborn and not liking being told no.

But this cannot happen an i will get it out of him. But there was no reason other than he didn't like being told no.

Rather than saying no as he obviously reacts badly to that would getting his attention n redirecting work better? High pitched noises n then turn it into a game to get him to come over to the person n then using a lead to take him away , I'm not sure neutering will help either tbh

Sent from my E6653 using Husky Owners mobile app

I'm having a similar issue with Luka, when he's being told no it appears he's gone a little deaf, but I always say his name first, so I say Luka no, then if he hasn't listened I say Luka, what's this.......he will always stop whatever he's doing because he thinks it's treat time, but I use this sparingly.

Archived