Major potty training issues

aussi3itup

So I recently got a Siberian Husky about a week ago. This is my second husky and third dog. Never in my life have I seen issues that this dog has. I had to snatch her up from a dog store because she was breaking my heart when I saw her. She is a parvo survivor and was a month clean before I took her home.She has been having explosive diarrhea and the vet concluded that she has giardia. She is getting that under control slowly. Our routine is to go outside and I walk around with her for 5-10 minutes and she refuses to potty. The MOMENT she is placed in her kennel she squats or poops. This is an on going issue. Take her back outside for 20 minutes and again the moment she's in her kennel she potties. This is getting exhausting and I'm on edge. I have a golden and an aussie and I've never seen a dog like this before. HELP!

• 5 months later...

Kefir is an all round probiotic hugely beneficial to both dogs and humans. Google for yourself... it will certainly help your furkid's tummy. And a maintenance dose alternate days will keep her gut healthy.
Start with a dssrtspn for 3-4 days daily. Increase o we 10 days to 2 tblspns. [emoji847] mine get it in their feed. Kibble is Xcel. 82b3ea2b98af1d9aacbf73275203a765.jpgf9dab7f51916581e38a6b28d3c9ae3e6.jpg2d5f6ee64c02da66a7df77aa988045ea.jpg25106c11af7df020f5cb60db73cf728e.jpg7b9a910df07cc141ea88d0a5e85999d5.jpgf3a2ec8df1355f9c5ba5af90b79de094.jpg71acc64b6a856b4efde1a31cdc302e2a.jpg

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

i dont have any advice but i can imagine that the potty training issue has to be rooted from the fact that she's been in a pet store for so long. never going outside to be properly trained, theyre always going to the bathroom in their 'kennel' (pet show room) probably feel much more comfortable in small spaces because thats all it knows! so sad [emoji20] i am also trying to get rid of giardia in my girl right now, good luck! (also makes you think that all the other dogs in the dog store have it and will most likely go untreated [emoji20]
keep at it! im sure itll happen!

Sent from my LG-H873 using Husky Owners mobile app

First, I would definitely tell the store you got her from that "she has Giardia so most likely the other puppies do too." The store should have given you shot records, etc. Alot of pet stores have a guarantee if you take the puppy to Vet soon (within 3-4 days), after you have purchased the puppy, that they then should pay for the Vet bills & antibiotics or anything for "treatment." (At least most reputable stores will have that guarantee.)
Also, if you don't trust the pet store's shot/medical records, I would have your puppy REtested again by the Vet for heartworms, parasites, dewormings, Bordetella (kennel cough), etc., to be safe (but you would have to pay for that if you want full retesting unless store didn't give you shot records).
POTTY TRAINING ~ If it's not too cold outside, bring a toy outside and play with puppy lightly. Eventually, puppy will potty. As you walk around with puppy on leash, if puppy potties, say "Good Potty!!'" and pet and praise your puppy. Plus, every time you are ready to go outside, say "Let's go outside to potty" and praise puppy each time. She should quickly get the hang of it. Take puppy out to potty about every 30mins to an hour constantly unless she's napping (bcuz they need their naps), and she'll catch on.
The staff on here say when walking puppies, it's *5MINUTES* per month of age (i.e., 4weeks old=5mins, 8weeks old=10mins, etc).
I hope this information is useful.
***WELCOME ABOARD***
[emoji252][emoji171][emoji4][emoji178]

Sent from my [device_name] using http://Husky Owners mobile app

Archived