Hi everyone, I'm having a problem with my husky Keira, she is ten months old and every time I leave her in the kennel for more than one hour she poops or pees or both inside the kennel. It's a smaller kennel so she doesn't have too much room and I exercise her and let her go to the bathroom before I put her in it. I believe it's separation anxiety, because if I'm watching another dog and there's another dog in the kennel right next to her she's fine and she can hold it, what are some good tips to help break the anxiety so she'll be more relaxed in the kennel and won't go to the bathroom inside of it, I've tried toys, treats, I've tried beds, blankets, covering the kennel, and a few other things. I'm at a loss as to what to do now, any feedback will be appreciated and will be tried.

you could try leaving a radio on in another room so it sounds like some one is there but out of sight or get another dog as its well known huskys do not really like being an only dog

Archived