little husky

beachhusky

I have a nine month old husky named Laika. She is a wonderful dog in every way and the best dog I have ever owned. The thing is, she only weighs about 38 to 40 lbs. (LOL thats pounds to you European types. Weight not money...) Anyhow, she just seems really small. She only stands about a foot and a half high. My beagle is bigger than she is. Like I said, shes the perfect dog, I like that she is small because she plays with my beagle mix well and were renting, so its better to have a smaller dog. I was just curious why this would be. Thanks everyone!

Sounds right to me.

The breed standard for a female siberian is...35-50lbs and 20-22 inches at the shoulder.

That, however, is just a standard. Many are larger or smaller.

Being that your girl is only 9 months, she still has growing to do. My boy is 2 and a half and still growing....blink.gif

Seems perfectly normal to me. Our last Husky, Elke, topped out at 54 pounds, but not til she was about 3 years old. Zoya, our current Husky was about 40 pounds at nine months, and 64 pounds at twelve. She has since trimmed down to 58 pounds and is 18 months old.

Sounds normal to me. I know diarrhea can slow or stop growth. One of my coworkers has a husky and for the longest time she had diarrhea cause by food... it took them almost 7 months to find a food that didnt cause it. It did stunt her growth a bit according to their vet. She was the largest in her litter and is now the smallest to my understanding.

Well thats good to hear. She has a real healthy weight and is a good looking dog, but all of the others that Ive seen are bigger. This is my first husky and my beagle stopped growing at around seven months. Taller that is. She gets chubbier every day lol.

shes still a puppy so shes got a while to grow nothing to worry about :)