Eye Color

sanosukex

I am wondering if you guys have an estimate on when the eye colors on pups can be seen. The puppies are about 3.5weeks now. I am so anxious to see it is driving me nuts!!!

Uselly about 4-5 weeks you can tell but I have seen them change as late as 6-7 weeks but that is rare, I know what you mean about it driving you nuts lol laugh.gif

You can't be 100% sure for a few weeks yet. We have had eye colours change as late as 12 weeks.

One little trick you can try is the camera: Take a photo of the pups face with the flash on, but with the red-eye reduction turned OFF (You WANT red-eye to try this!)

If the pupil reflects red, you probably have a future blue eye, If it reflects green, probably a brown eye. It's not 100% though. We have two parti-eyed dogs with the TINIEST sliver of blue in their brown eye. Both those eyes reflect back red, despite being nearly all brown, and both those eyes changed from blue, to mostly brown at a late stage.