Eating my floor!

Arjun 2016

Is that where he's left when he's on his own? If so a crate might be better, can't imagine a playpen being strong or high enough to keep a husky in anyway!

Astro destroyed 2 kitchen cupboard doors, walls, skirting boards, door and built in wine shelf in my kitchen, plus he ripped out all the piping from under the kitchen sink before we had the crate. I've not left him out on his own since, don't want to risk it for his safety more than anything

Sent from my iPhone using Husky Owners mobile app

Is that where he's left when he's on his own? If so a crate might be better, can't imagine a playpen being strong or high enough to keep a husky in anyway!

Astro destroyed 2 kitchen cupboard doors, walls, skirting boards, door and built in wine shelf in my kitchen, plus he ripped out all the piping from under the kitchen sink before we had the crate. I've not left him out on his own since, don't want to risk it for his safety more than anything

We are trying to train him to stay within the playpen and it seems to be going well. He moves it around a bit but not massively. He had a crate but hated it sonthis is sort of a big crate for him...

6e438bc5813c78061c7fe78a2a696301.jpg

Hmmm...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Husky Owners mobile app

Ahh ok, I can't give any suggestions how to stop it sorry :( I tried anti chew spray with Astro but he just licked it off!

He's probably going to keep chewing the floor now until he grows out of it to be honest. Astro chewed a tiny hole in my old sofa, we ended up with one whole arm right down to the wood inside! However we got a new sofa when he was about 1 and he's never tried to chew that

Is there anywhere else you could put the pen?

Ahh ok, I can't give any suggestions how to stop it sorry [emoji20] I tried anti chew spray with Astro but he just licked it off!

He's probably going to keep chewing the floor now until he grows out of it to be honest. Astro chewed a tiny hole in my old sofa, we ended up with one whole arm right down to the wood inside! However we got a new sofa when he was about 1 and he's never tried to chew that

Is there anywhere else you could put the pen?

Yeah im thinking move it to the other side and put some heavy atuff around the outside to stop it moving.

When did he grow out of chewing?

Yeah im thinking move it to the other side and put some heavy atuff around the outside to stop it moving.

When did he grow out of chewing?

He was 9 months old when we got the crate so after then his chewing opportunities were limited, he was less chewy when he was about 1 that's when we got a new sofa

He was 9 months old when we got the crate so after then his chewing opportunities were limited, he was less chewy when he was about 1 that's when we got a new sofa

On another note...Arjun seems a bit small for 6 months...ive seen others that are massive compared to him. Is this normal for them to stop growing and then suddenly shoot up?

On another note...Arjun seems a bit small for 6 months...ive seen others that are massive compared to him. Is this normal for them to stop growing and then suddenly shoot up?

Hmm I'm not sure to be honest! Have you got a recent pic of him?

How much does Koda weigh now (assuming he is now an adult)?

He was 19kg when I got him at 7 months [emoji4] he's only 9 months old now and I've not had him weighed since!

Harlow is 6 months old too and hasn't grown significantly in 2 weeks. I think they start growing again soon. We walk her twice a day so when we are at work she's too tired to really chew or destroy anything and she's locked in our living room with doggy door access to the yard and leave toys out for her she did start chewing the edge of one of our sofas but used the spray and that stopped her and intercepting the behaviour with a chew toy helped 42e2f55a23fff2be9d948db3e4d08456.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Husky Owners mobile app

Harlow is 6 months old too and hasn't grown significantly in 2 weeks. I think they start growing again soon. We walk her twice a day so when we are at work she's too tired to really chew or destroy anything and she's locked in our living room with doggy door access to the yard and leave toys out for her she did start chewing the edge of one of our sofas but used the spray and that stopped her and intercepting the behaviour with a chew toy helped 42e2f55a23fff2be9d948db3e4d08456.jpg

Sent from my SM-G900I using Husky Owners mobile app

Which spray?

I found a muzzle introduced every time they started to chew helped to break the 'habit' of boredom.. and it might be loneliness too.
www.successdogs.com also helps you re training tips and tricks to keep them more focussed on you.
Chewing - this is v much a pup trait that continues into adulthood if not stopped.
Refocus their attention to puzzles, toys, positive reward training; antler horns are good too but only after their second teeth are well established to avoid teeth cracking.
Frozen carrots help clean but soothe during teething...🤗

Sent from my SM-G900F using Husky Owners mobile app

Archived